Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macpro or Macbook Pro  (Read 8555 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Macpro or Macbook Pro
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 07:03:53 pm »

i have a MBP 2.33 with 3gb ram, one 200gb/7200rpm, one 100gb/7200rpm (instead of the superdrive, i use a firewire powered lacie if i need it)....it is the fastest mac i have ever had...of course the desktops are faster...but i can work on my P30 files in CS3 in real time....that is good enough for me.....i wish i could fit 4gb ram like the latest MBPs, but the small processor step isn't enough for me to upgrade....this MBP is simply fantastic.....FW800, i use a EIZO 24 in the studio....when shooting tethered i use the eizo, or just unplug everything and walk around with the MBP....my last G4 powerbook was the 17" and it was a little too large to carry around all the time....great to work on, but a little too big....the 15" seems to be the right size, big enough, but compact and still manageable and still feels sturdy (grabing the 17 with one hand is not a good idea...it feels floppy..maybe because it is also thinner?)

i just put in the 200gb/7200rpm travelstar and it actually is desktop performance.....the second drive is nice to have, i am looking into SSD for system and startup with the second right now...that way i can have the 200 just for shooting....did i mention that it is fast? it feels about 30% faster thent he 100...which was the fastest travelstar/2.5" drive so far......

the 4gb ram come in really handy when: shooting tethered into LR (C1 and LR open files get copied right away...the 200 helps with that as well...

i used to have a powerbook and desktop...but it is so much more convenient to have everything on one machine....and the MBPs can really handle it......

if i was doing video...no question, the desktop is the way to go...

Steve_Townsend

• Commercial Property Photography
Macpro or Macbook Pro
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 06:00:02 am »

Hi

Thank you to all who helped me make the decision.

Just ordered a 2.4MBP today with 4gb ram and an upgraded 7200rpm hard drive which I am sure will keep me a bit happier for a long time.

Cheers

Steve Townsend

francois

Macpro or Macbook Pro
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 06:17:37 am »

Hi

Thank you to all who helped me make the decision.

Just ordered a 2.4MBP today with 4gb ram and an upgraded 7200rpm hard drive which I am sure will keep me a bit happier for a long time.

Cheers

Steve Townsend
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129964\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Steve,
You'll certainly be pleased with it. It's a wonderful computer.
Francois
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up