Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharpening, can't disable it?  (Read 2290 times)

kevs

Sharpening, can't disable it?
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:36:07 am »

There is no preference to see sharpening in previews but not in conversion like in ACR correct?

In ACR, I think, if you have that selected you can have your sharpeing set on whatever, but it will never apply, right?

In LR, default is at 25, I do notice it, and to me, it looks fine.  But I don't have a killer eye for halos etc, and most stock agents, ala Getty etc, say no sharpening.  What do you  all think of the default of 25-- for stock agencies. will they see it's sharpened ?

And if you dont want any sharpening then you would have to make a new preset, (which in LR, is in effect, making your new default)
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

francois

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 03:10:56 am »

There is no preference to see sharpening in previews but not in conversion like in ACR correct?
Correct. LR has no such preference.

In ACR, I think, if you have that selected you can have your sharpeing set on whatever, but it will never apply, right?
Correct again, you can choose to have sharpening in ACR previews and not on the resulting images.

In LR, default is at 25, I do notice it, and to me, it looks fine.  But I don't have a killer eye for halos etc, and most stock agents, ala Getty etc, say no sharpening.  What do you  all think of the default of 25-- for stock agencies. will they see it's sharpened ?
No idea.

And if you dont want any sharpening then you would have to make a new preset, (which in LR, is in effect, making your new default)
Right, you need to use a new preset with zero sharpening. You can apply it when you import your files into LR.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:11:22 am by francois »
Francois

kevs

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 01:44:13 pm »

Excellent Francois:
curious what you do with sharpening.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 02:03:21 pm »

Excellent Francois:
curious what you do with sharpening.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I haven't had the time to really explore the new capture sharpening in LR 1.1. I'm using Photokit Sharpener in Photoshop and will probably do capture sharpening in LR once I'm more familiar with it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:05:42 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up