Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on Epson Textured Fine Art Paper with 380  (Read 2639 times)

mdabrosca

Printing on Epson Textured Fine Art Paper with 380
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:56:03 pm »

I have a big roll of Epson 17" TFAP from when I was printing with a 4800. Now, with my new 3800, I can't get a profile for this combo. It must be because the TFAP only comes in rolls and the 3800 has no roll capabilities, thus no profile available from Epson.

Any suggestions on how/where I can get a quick, downloadable profile for this printer/paper combo? I'd rather not send out for a custom profile as I just want to use up this roll.

The TFAP is a nice paper, and Epson says it's made by Crane. Any suggestions for a similar equivalent in 17x22 sheet size? I really like the characteristics of this particular paper--color, texture, archival qualities are all just right for me.

Thanks!

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 05:32:53 pm »

I have a big roll of Epson 17" TFAP from when I was printing with a 4800. Now, with my new 3800, I can't get a profile for this combo. It must be because the TFAP only comes in rolls and the 3800 has no roll capabilities, thus no profile available from Epson.

Any suggestions on how/where I can get a quick, downloadable profile for this printer/paper combo? I'd rather not send out for a custom profile as I just want to use up this roll.

The TFAP is a nice paper, and Epson says it's made by Crane. Any suggestions for a similar equivalent in 17x22 sheet size? I really like the characteristics of this particular paper--color, texture, archival qualities are all just right for me.

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129042\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps you could cut a sheet off the roll for printer profiling?

Best
Wesley

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:30 pm »

Perhaps try one of the Crane 3800 profiles ...
Eric Chan

ecemfjm

• http://www.manuelfernando.es
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:37:36 am »

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129042\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,

¿How were your attemps to use TFAP paper on your 3800?

The other day I ended up with a roll of TFAP that I had to make it work on my 3800 (you know, when your wife makes you a present, you cannot tell her to return it).

As you, I've been unable to find a canned profile for it and the 3800. The profile I found that best work is the EPSON Watercolor Radiant White profile and setting the media in the driver to WCRW too (this last is recommended in the paper instructions when the TFAP setting is not present).

The only problem is that details in the shadows are motly lost, and some luminosity is also lost overally in the picture. I guess this is due to the WCRW is brither than TFAP. So if you increase a little bit the bright of the image before print, and print only images with few shadows, the results are quite satisfactory.

Wearing gloves, I cut the paper with a cutter but it is a bit cumbersome to to insert it into the printer, since it is curled and I have to push it into the feeder with one hand while making pression in its surface with the other hand, well inside the printer and very close to the feeder rolls to flatten it (otherwise the feeder refuses to take it).

I didn't manage to uncurl it whithout scratching before insertion into the printer.

For non standard sizes, the EPSON driver forces you to print with margins. Anyway I recommend you to left also at least 1,5 cm marging before and after the image, to avoid head crashes into the initial and final part of the paper due to the curling.

This way I managed to print good panoramas to the limit of the driver (almost 1 meter long)

I also told my wife, very smoothly, that I would prefer to buy the fine art paper by myself and that a bottle of good wisky (of any brand or type this time) is a good present for me.

Regards

Manuel
Pages: [1]   Go Up