Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H1 Waterhousing  (Read 2773 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
H1 Waterhousing
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:28:32 am »

I am commissioning a waterproof housing for my H1 and HC35 / 80 / 1.7 converter

basically a fat tube with glass ends and a lever to activate the shutter

This will be a splash housing rather than a pressure proof dive housing should be good for depths of 2m

There would be a discount for quantity  - so any other H1 users interested (pref UK)

ps I assume I cant get one off the shelf (cant find on the web)

PM me if you are interested

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
H1 Waterhousing
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:26:59 am »

This will be a splash housing rather than a pressure proof dive housing should be good for depths of 2m

There would be a discount for quantity  - so any other H1 users interested (pref UK)

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have made many dives as guide and had photographers with me on multiple occasions, I have done underwater photography for a short while as well, the most expensive cameras I have seen were the likes of the D2x (longer ago the F5) and very rarely a Nikon RS. Everybody is fearing a flooding, actually everybody that has done this for awhile knows it will eventually, you basically continue to use the system until it happens  

Most stuff that is out there for more expensive stuff is custom-made. maybe Subal can do it for you or maybe some GUI tech at extreme-exposure.

Not sure what you want to use your house for though so it might not need to be manufactured up to their standards.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:29:34 am by Dustbak »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
H1 Waterhousing
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 09:50:23 am »

I have made many dives as guide and had photographers with me on multiple occasions, I have done underwater photography for a short while as well, the most expensive cameras I have seen were the likes of the D2x (longer ago the F5) and very rarely a Nikon RS. Everybody is fearing a flooding, actually everybody that has done this for awhile knows it will eventually, you basically continue to use the system until it happens 

Most stuff that is out there for more expensive stuff is custom-made. maybe Subal can do it for you or maybe some GUI tech at extreme-exposure.

Not sure what you want to use your house for though so it might not need to be manufactured up to their standards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Most of the situations are situations were a housing is not actually required like in a RIB (speed boat) but there is a risk of an errant wave or dropping the camera into the water

The guy builds housings for big wave surfers - mainly video

S

jamie_m_

• http://www.mymoodphotography.com
H1 Waterhousing
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:52:18 pm »

There are plastic bags out there that are big enough for medium format kit.

I wouldn't trust one for scuba but I use one (not sure who made it now) when I take my Mamiya afd II + p30 skiing
MyMoodPhotography
[url=http://www.mymood

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
H1 Waterhousing
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:39:15 pm »

There would be a discount for quantity  - so any other H1 users interested (pref UK)

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i could be keen if the design is nice. i have made few housings for medium format untill the 1ds came out , then started buying off the shelf versions.

i can email you pics of the hosings i have for ideas if you want. i still have an rz and a 645 pro housing in the attic.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
H1 Waterhousing
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 01:36:58 am »

i could be keen if the design is nice.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129077\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The design is not currently nice !

As I said basically a fat pipe with with a glass front end and acrylic back end and handles

There is another option of making a better version but that means building an H1 specific jig (which is basically a balsa wood H1)

S
Pages: [1]   Go Up