Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R1800 and Print CD; not playing well together  (Read 3885 times)

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
R1800 and Print CD; not playing well together
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:51:44 pm »

Hi gang, I have some DVDs I need to label for a client.

I'm trying to use the Epson Print CD software on my R1800. I'm not sure if I have a software or hardware issue. I'm leaning toward hardware/driver.

I actually use this software all the time on another client's R200 so I'm familiar with the program.  

When I attempt to print on my R1800, the tray feeds in to the printer, them backs itself all the way out. I then get the error message about the media being either out or not loaded correctly. The printer can't seem locate the tray properly in the start position, to begin printing.

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.4.8; R1800 driver version 2.18, and epson print cd version 1.3.1A. I'm using the same Verbatim printable surface DVDs that I use on my other client's R200.

Any ideas??

thanks,
ron

burnbank

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:16:09 am »

I had a very similar problem with my Epson R800 when I switched from PC to MAC.  The problem was that the version of Epson Print CD was too old to work correctly with OSX 10.4.9.  

The catch was that you can't upgrade the Print CD software from the Epson website due to licensing restrictions on Print CD.  Epson told me the only way to get the new software version was to get a print driver CD from a newer printer.  I ended up getting my local Epson print repairer to burn me a CD from a new printer.  Anyone of the printers that can print on a CD should have Print CD on the driver disc.  The version of Print CD that I installed is 1.4.0E and it has worked perfectly since.

Hope that is of some help.

Jason

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:42:28 am »

Hi Jason:

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum. I was wondering why I couldn't find the Print CD software listed anywhere on Epson's website.

Tomorrow I'm going to be at the studio of my client who has the R200. I'll see what version of Print CD he's got.

ron

I had a very similar problem with my Epson R800 when I switched from PC to MAC.  The problem was that the version of Epson Print CD was too old to work correctly with OSX 10.4.9. 

The catch was that you can't upgrade the Print CD software from the Epson website due to licensing restrictions on Print CD.  Epson told me the only way to get the new software version was to get a print driver CD from a newer printer.  I ended up getting my local Epson print repairer to burn me a CD from a new printer.  Anyone of the printers that can print on a CD should have Print CD on the driver disc.  The version of Print CD that I installed is 1.4.0E and it has worked perfectly since.

Hope that is of some help.

Jason
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up