Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Glossy print not drying?  (Read 3355 times)

Gman2

Z3100 Glossy print not drying?
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:37 am »

Just recevied the printer. Doing test prints with some paper I had laying around OCE Color\plus Inkjet Media Glossy. Profiled great color on spot on. Problem the ink is not drying with or without the gloss enhancer. Altough not as bad with GE on. Another issue, I turned up the dry time & got stars on the bottom part of the print when using GE, not sure with GE Off will have to test.

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:13:07 am »

Just recevied the printer. Doing test prints with some paper I had laying around OCE Color\plus Inkjet Media Glossy. Profiled great color on spot on. Problem the ink is not drying with or without the gloss enhancer. Altough not as bad with GE on. Another issue, I turned up the dry time & got stars on the bottom part of the print when using GE, not sure with GE Off will have to test.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It sounds like the paper is not compatible with the HP Vivera pigment inks if its not drying.

I'm not sure what the "stars" might be unless you're describing head strikes.
Regards,
Ron

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:51:44 pm »

I have a feeling it might be using the matte black ink or your printing in a very humid environment. If you profiled/printed using a uncoated/fine art paper setting, the printer would use matte black ink which doesn't dry on coated paper.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:05:52 am »

It sounds like the paper is not compatible with the HP Vivera pigment inks if its not drying.

I'm not sure what the "stars" might be unless you're describing head strikes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could be a gelatine/PVA gloss paper intended for dye inks. Just a guess as I have no experience with it.

Ernst Dinkla

www.pigment-print.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up