Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 delete paper sizes  (Read 2778 times)

Charles Gast

z3100 delete paper sizes
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:28:42 pm »

I have found that when I create a custom paper size such as 23 x74 inch I have to reboot the computer before it will show up to be selected.  As a result I have many repeated paper sizes from trying to get the stupid thing to take.
Does anyone know how to remove some of the paper sizes I have created?

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
z3100 delete paper sizes
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »

I have found that when I create a custom paper size such as 23 x74 inch I have to reboot the computer before it will show up to be selected.  As a result I have many repeated paper sizes from trying to get the stupid thing to take.
Does anyone know how to remove some of the paper sizes I have created?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128712\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On windows it could be that you have to reinstall the driver, if you want to know why ask HP ....
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

u1022186

z3100 delete paper sizes
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »

On windows it could be that you have to reinstall the driver, if you want to know why ask HP ....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128723\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Windows,  I create all my custom sizes by going to printers and faxes from the start menu and then going to server properties under the file tab. you can also delete them from here.  They are available for immediate use after you create them without a reboot. I print from Qimage and have had no problems so far doing it this way.

Bob Simon

Avalan

z3100 delete paper sizes
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:42:46 am »

I print from CS3 using Mac.
print > main page>  page setup> paper size > manage custom sizes>custom page sizes.
Here will allow you to creat custom sizes and it will be immediately ready to use.

Delete a created custom size : in the same place(custom page sizes)click on the size you want to be deleted then click on the minus ikon and it will be deleted.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
z3100 delete paper sizes
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 06:05:27 am »

I print from CS3 using Mac.
print > main page>  page setup> paper size > manage custom sizes>custom page sizes.
Here will allow you to creat custom sizes and it will be immediately ready to use.

Delete a created custom size : in the same place(custom page sizes)click on the size you want to be deleted then click on the minus ikon and it will be deleted.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128770\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes you can delet them that they, but don't be shocked when after some time you new custom sizes don't work as they should.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Charles Gast

z3100 delete paper sizes
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 11:52:08 am »

Yes you can delet them that they, but don't be shocked when after some time you new custom sizes don't work as they should.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128802\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So is there a good way to get rid of them or is just a buggy procedure?

BTW When having the slow printing problem I completely uninstalled all HP software and reinstalled.  It did not remove any custom sizes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up