Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 5000 Large Format Printer + More  (Read 2852 times)

calkins

Canon iPF 5000 Large Format Printer + More
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:57:52 am »

I'm selling a mint condition Canon iPF 5000 large format printer, roll feed unit, and cabinet stand.  I purchased these for my photography business less than a year ago and haven't used it as much as I expected.  I've used it fewer than 15 times, it's in new condition, and has been covered at all times to keep it dust-free.  There is nothing wrong with the printer, and it has no imperfections.

This printer is amazing - I just can't justify the space it takes up with how infrequently I use it.

Included:
Canon iPF 5000 Printer : Paid $2,120
Canon RU-01 Auto Roll Feed Unit : Paid $229
CB17-01 Cabinet Stand : Paid $311

Total Paid = $2,660

Selling for $1,850

Chicagoland area only please...this printer is a monster and would cost a mini fortune to ship.

Follow this link for a detailed LL review:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/...n-ipf5000.shtml

Thanks!
[attachment=2826:attachment][attachment=2825:attachment]

Julianne

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:18:05 pm »

I'm selling a mint condition Canon iPF 5000 large format printer, roll feed unit, and cabinet stand.  I purchased these for my photography business less than a year ago and haven't used it as much as I expected.  I've used it fewer than 15 times, it's in new condition, and has been covered at all times to keep it dust-free.  There is nothing wrong with the printer, and it has no imperfections.

This printer is amazing - I just can't justify the space it takes up with how infrequently I use it.

Included:
Canon iPF 5000 Printer : Paid $2,120
Canon RU-01 Auto Roll Feed Unit : Paid $229
CB17-01 Cabinet Stand : Paid $311

Total Paid = $2,660

Selling for $1,850

Chicagoland area only please...this printer is a monster and would cost a mini fortune to ship.

Follow this link for a detailed LL review:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/...n-ipf5000.shtml

Thanks!
[attachment=2826:attachment][attachment=2825:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi-

I love the LL review, esp. since I use to be a technical writer/consultant! I agree many "manuals" these days force you to buy a book from a publisher.

I live in the Chi area and may be interested in purchasing the items. However, I've found some internet sites are selling this printer for considerably less these days, with free shipping!

Please let me know, at your earliest convenience, is this price negotiable? In other words, can you sweeten the deal in any way?

I need to figure out how to fit this big machine in my home office, and how to justify the costs. For instance, do you know the dimensions of your cabinet?

Any input about the cost of media, or good sites for supplies (i.e., paper, ink, etc) would help.

Thanks-
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:23:12 pm by Julianne »

calkins

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:34:24 am »

Hi Julianne,

Following is a link to the printer's specifications, including physical dimension:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...0&modelid=14005

The printer stand is 38" wide x 24" deep x 30" tall.

You are correct, they have come down in price an little.  The lowest price I've found on the web is $1,612.  But keep in mind, that is for the printer only - I'm including the roll feed unit and cabinet, which would cost you more than $500 additional.  Also, it's been my experience that with most of these internet stores offering the lower price, is that it's a risk purchasing from them.  I've learned it's just not worth the headaches to buy from them.  Just my experience!

I like to use B&H Photo as my price gauge.  They are currently selling the printer for $1,700 + $177 shipping.

Regardless, I am willing to negotiate the price down a little.  Just a little though, as I feel this is a great deal, given the condition of everything.  Also, I'd be willing to sell the printer and roll feed unit, without the printer stand.

Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions, or if you'd like to setup a time to check it out.

Thanks...

Alaska

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:38:23 pm »

This last February (2007) bought a new Canon ipf 5000 from Shades of Paper for $1395.  That included a free roll feed and free shipping.

Offers come and go, but I understand that Canon Europe is starting to dump the 5000 for their newer models.  But of course, the price in Europe has been higher than those in the US.  

Jim

ronno

Pages: [1]   Go Up