Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DXO or Lightroom  (Read 2317 times)

tandlh

DXO or Lightroom
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:30:56 pm »

Hi all,
   Just seeking some advice.  I've recently upgraded to a Canon 5d so my existing license for DXO doesn't cover it.  The DXO upgrade is about $150.  So that begs the question, should I spend that to upgrade to DXO or just go ahead and getLightroom and forget about DXO for a while?  My primary work is in landscapes in Arizona, so I have a lot of contrasty scenes and am really intrigued by what I hear about the highlight and shadow tools in Lightroom, and I also want a good organizer that I can keep my photos in for years to come.  I've never migrated to Bridge in CS2 from Photo Browser in Photoshop Elements and I think that gives the edge to using Lightroom for that as well.  Just seeking your thoughts.

Thanks,
Ted

Woodcorner

DXO or Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:11:54 am »

As for a RAW converter, I prefer Lightroom. Regarding lens correction, DxO gives you better performance and options. When it comes to Digital Asset Management, you will have to choose Lightroom. If you only need a simple file browser, DxO is o.k., but a bit cumbersome to use for only this purpose.

I am using both in my workflow with all my images going in and out of Lightroom and only very few actually being processed with DxO (when lens correction is badly needed).

Cheers,

Andrew

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
DXO or Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:48:00 am »

Since DxO 4.5, it has become possible to get the best of both worlds, manage images in Lightroom, and convert those that need to in DxO while launching them directly from Lightrrom.

I haven't tried yet, but that is how it is supposed to work.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up