Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer Training  (Read 3122 times)

Recked

Printer Training
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:36:29 pm »

Hello,

I have an interest if learning from a master printer close to where I live/work and was wondering if anyone out there knows of someone in the New York City area (I live in Tarrytown, NY just 35 minutes from the city) who trains folks who have an interest in printing.

I have a Z3100 and want to learn from someone who truly knows inkjet printing.

thanks

Geoff Wittig

Printer Training
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:48:32 pm »

Hello,

I have an interest if learning from a master printer close to where I live/work and was wondering if anyone out there knows of someone in the New York City area (I live in Tarrytown, NY just 35 minutes from the city) who trains folks who have an interest in printing.

I have a Z3100 and want to learn from someone who truly knows inkjet printing.

thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would suggest Amadou Diallo, author of the brilliant and comprehensive book Mastering Digital Black & White. He offers a range of workshops from his Fort Green, Brooklyn studio. He surely qualifies as a master printer, and his book is my printing bible. He works with a Z3100 among other inkjet printers.

Recked

Printer Training
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:07 am »

Hello,

Thanks very much for your recommendation Geoff. I will pm him to see what he is offering currently.

thanks again
Derek

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Printer Training
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »

HI have an interest if learning from a master printer close to where I live/work and was wondering if anyone out there knows of someone in the New York City area
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dan Burkholder is a master platinum/palladium and inkjet print maker in your area.  He often *combines* the two processes to make some unique pigment over platinum prints - very interesting stuff! He teaches workshops and gives private lessons at his new picturesque studio in the Catskills just north of you. Check out www.danburkholder.com for more info.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

rdonson

Printer Training
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:07:04 pm »

Hello,

Thanks very much for your recommendation Geoff. I will pm him to see what he is offering currently.

thanks again
Derek
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here's the [a href=\"http://www.diallophotography.com/digitalprintmaking/overview_wrk.html]link[/url] to Amadou's workshop offerings.  It includes an "email me" link.
Regards,
Ron

Recked

Printer Training
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 03:39:49 pm »

Thanks to all for your suggestions. Going to start July 26th with a Darkroom to Digital workshop with Amadou and then follow up with some time with him in front of my Z3100 in my home office.

I am going to also check out Dan's site further as it sounds very interesting.

Appreciate the help/suggestions.

thanks
Derek

sloow

• http://paullitherland.com
Printer Training
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:50:18 pm »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any links to printer training in Montreal, Quebec? in English or French. I recently purchased a 3100 44" and would like to develop some good work flow habits before I think I know what I'm doing. That includes properly setting up my studio.

thanks,
Paul

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Printer Training
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 07:43:35 am »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any links to printer training in Montreal, Quebec? in English or French. I recently purchased a 3100 44" and would like to develop some good work flow habits before I think I know what I'm doing. That includes properly setting up my studio.

thanks,
Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137573\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In Canada Michael Reichmann would be my first choice for expert level printing on all the latest.
I might be able to teach a bit if I combine a trip to Toronto, in French or English, your choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up