Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emilianito is going home  (Read 3106 times)

Andres Bonilla

Emilianito is going home
« on: July 14, 2007, 05:47:56 pm »

Emilianito was given a few weeks to live but he is doing much better now, Cancer when detected at an earlier age is much easier to treat. That day he was going home for the first time in his life.
Following the advice from some members I have kept the information to a minimum.

C@C always welcome! If you want ot work on the image plase go ahead..

Andres

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Emilianito is going home
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 07:35:08 pm »

Doesn't do much for me, other than being a reasonably well-done photo of a man and a baby. It would be much more powerful if the photo told the story instead of the words. Some of your other photos do this much better. Good photos should explain themselves.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:36:00 pm by Jonathan Wienke »

HickersonJasonC

Emilianito is going home
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:21:42 pm »

Many of your images have a kind of glow one normally sees in wedding or older travel photography. I'm not sure it works here. What are you doing in PS to get this effect? I suggest you use it more subtly and only when it really adds to the image.

Aside from that, I don't see much here to comment on. The image does not succeed in telling the story of this child, as Jonathan said. Your other images posted here are much stronger.

Andres Bonilla

Emilianito is going home
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:47:38 pm »

Thanks Jonathan, yes I found out that some photos I liked because I knew the story behind it but the viewer was clueless. A photo is worth a thousand words and they should do that, this one even though is precious to me maybe it does not convey anything.

Andres Bonilla

Emilianito is going home
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:52:34 pm »

Thank you Jason, yes I got a few photos that work only if you know the story behind it, like this close up of the mother; if you don't know what is she looking at or the circumstances, it does not have the same impact.

Pages: [1]   Go Up