Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eMotion 54LV arrived  (Read 5399 times)

kariylit

eMotion 54LV arrived
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:35:43 am »

Hi everybody!

54LV arrived to me couple of days ago. I have been using E22 now few months this and i think it is really worth upgrading. I think 54LV image quality is better at all ISO:s. At ISO25 there were no problems with E22 but this 54LV is awesome. There is still no ISO400 because of same chip, but at least ISO100 is usable what it was not with E22. If you need ISO400 i think 75LV is your choise.

Imagequality at long exposures is a lot better. Livevideo is relly cool, and it is very usable with hasselblad V series cameras also. Now for example Flexbody can be used too and SWC903 what i use for wide agleshots can be used with live view and i dont always need to use the modest SWC-viewfinder.

I take later some test shots if you are interested?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:37:36 am by kariylit »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:46:58 am »

Hi everybody!

54LV arrived to me couple of days ago. I have been using E22 now few months this and i think it is really worth upgrading. I think 54LV image quality is better at all ISO:s. At ISO25 there were no problems with E22 but this 54LV is awesome. There is still no ISO400 because of same chip, but at least ISO100 is usable what it was not with E22. If you need ISO400 i think 75LV is your choise.

Imagequality at long exposures is a lot better. Livevideo is relly cool, and it is very usable with hasselblad V series cameras also. Now for example Flexbody can be used too and SWC903 what i use for wide agleshots can be used with live view and i dont always need to use the modest SWC-viewfinder.

I take later some test shots if you are interested?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127958\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am very interested (see my other rambling post)

to see this back used in cloudy conditions, hand held, no flash even at 200 or 400 (expose left!)

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 03:21:15 am »

Dear Sam,

Here we have a user able to give his practical opinion: I think it s worth a tausend words from myself.

However, it will ceratinly to replace a real test done by yourself and under your own light conditions.

Then, I remind here that the eMotion 22 (as well as the eMotion 54 LV) have a less sensitive sensor (by 1 f-stop) then the e75. Which means the highest ISO setting is 200 for this back.

Best regards,
thierry

I am very interested (see my other rambling post)

to see this back used in cloudy conditions, hand held, no flash even at 200 or 400 (expose left!)

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 03:27:04 am »

Dear Sam,

Here we have a user able to give his practical opinion: I think it s worth a tausend words from myself.

However, it will ceratinly to replace a real test done by yourself and under your own light conditions.

Then, I remind here that the eMotion 22 (as well as the eMotion 54 LV) have a less sensitive sensor (by 1 f-stop) then the e75. Which means the highest ISO setting is 200 for this back.

Best regards,
thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well If I want 400 I can

- buy a 1dsmk2 and lose some 'look'

- abuse the 54LV and ??

- upgrade to 75LV but that seems to have a stupid cost

thsinar

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 03:30:17 am »

you can always, especially if you know that the ISO 200 of the eMotion 22 corresponds to ISO 400 (at least) comapred with other backs.

Make the comparison.

Thierry

Well If I want 400 I can

- buy a 1dsmk2 and lose some 'look'

- abuse the 54LV and ??

- upgrade to 75LV but that seems to have a stupid cost
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127969\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 03:38:18 am »

you can always, especially if you know that the ISO 200 of the eMotion 22 corresponds to ISO 400 (at least) comapred with other backs.

Make the comparison.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127970\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK send your UK 'dealer' to me in Cornwall with a 54LV a75LV (Hmount) and a IDsmk2 with a 50

Robertwhite the old jenoptik UK agent would do that - great lads

maybe they would even demo an Hy6 too and offer me a great incentive to switch from blad

S

thsinar

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 04:15:11 am »

I have asked Wagner from "Image 2 Output" to get in touch with you: I would like to kindly ask for your patience.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

OK send your UK 'dealer' to me in Cornwall with a 54LV a75LV (Hmount) and a IDsmk2 with a 50

Robertwhite the old jenoptik UK agent would do that - great lads

maybe they would even demo an Hy6 too and offer me a great incentive to switch from blad

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127972\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

kariylit

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 04:24:21 am »

I took some shots with 54LV at all ISOs. You can download zip here: http://kariylitalo.pp.fi/LL.zip
They are all without sharpening and noise reduction.

Henry Goh

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 04:59:41 am »

I took some shots with 54LV at all ISOs. You can download zip here: http://kariylitalo.pp.fi/LL.zip
They are all without sharpening and noise reduction.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for sharing these.

I downloaded the files and scrutinised them

IMHO, I would not even consider moving to MFDB if current backs are only capable of this level of IQ.  I guess since you were using an older back before, the improvement you see is significant but from someone going in at this point, it is not impressive at all.

I'm grateful to have seen first hand end user images like these because we need to sift through the marketing hype that comes with new gadgets.

thsinar

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 05:09:04 am »

Dear Henry,

there is something wrong with "kariylit"'s 200 ISO image: it has been desaturated completely, (purposely or not).

This is definitively not the quality you can get.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks for sharing these.

I downloaded the files and scrutinised them

IMHO, I would not even consider moving to MFDB if current backs are only capable of this level of IQ.  I guess since you were using an older back before, the improvement you see is significant but from someone going in at this point, it is not impressive at all.

I'm grateful to have seen first hand end user images like these because we need to sift through the marketing hype that comes with new gadgets.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127986\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:09:20 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 05:13:38 am »

Dear Henry,

there is something wrong with "kariylit"'s 200 ISO image: it has been desaturated completely, (purposely or not).

This is definitively not the quality you can get.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127987\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well Thiery, that is also why I have been trying to check manufactuers' sites for sample RAW files and a way to download their converters.  Seems to me this is a much harder task than I had expected.  Thus, I'm reduced to seeing what other users are willing to share and I view those images at face value since they have nothing to gain either way.

Henry

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 05:26:23 am »

Thus, I'm reduced to seeing what other users are willing to share and I view those images at face value since they have nothing to gain either way.

Henry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127988\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks to the poster for your efforts  - the images are useful - I think the shadows of the 25 look better and 200 is still a bit dodgy but better as sonemone who knows an E22 on a muddy day

Any DSLR shooter pixel peepoing these images may forget that they are tiwce the size of a 5d and the 16bit advantadge of working real files leads to MFDB troucing all exept a 1DS2 which I am not familiar with (in bright light or a studio - not pictures of bins)

BUT to TH I will not spend £000's on the back of seeing a couple of jpgs of some bins !!!

HG is correct that  either in terms of live demonstrations or RAW downloads it takes a lot more to make customers part with thier cash !

And that is not the job of a volunteer web forum

S
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:28:24 am by Morgan_Moore »

Henry Goh

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:32:29 am »

Thanks to the poster for your efforts  - the images are useful - I think the shadows of the 25 look better and 200 is still a bit dodgy but better as sonemone who knows an E22 on a muddy day

Any DSLR shooter pixel peepoing these images may forget that they are tiwce the size of a 5d and the 16bit advantadge of working real files leads to MFDB troucing all exept a 1DS2 which I am not familiar with

BUT to TH I will not spend £000's on the back of seeing a couple of jpgs of some bins !!!

HG is correct that  either in terms of live demonstrations or RAW downloads it takes a lot more to make customers part with thier cash !

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For some reason, manufacturers are not willing to let non-owners download a trial copy of their converter easily, except for Phaseone.  I feel one needs to make decision not only on the hardware but the workflow involved.  What better way than to let potential buyers process a few RAW files in their own environment and come to a conclusion if they like the workflow, the IQ and how things fit together.  Yes, we can go to a dealer and let the dealer sell but at some stage, I personally would still like to to take my time and process the files.  That has to be basic unless manufacturers think we are still shooting film and sending them to labs.

Henry

thsinar

eMotion 54LV arrived
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 05:32:54 am »

Dear Sam,

Get the test done yourself: this images have something wrong in it. I have asked "kariylit" to send me the Raws of it to have a look.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks to the poster for your efforts  - the images are useful - I think the shadows of the 25 look better and 200 is still a bit dodgy but better as sonemone who knows an E22 on a muddy day

Any DSLR shooter pixel peepoing these images may forget that they are tiwce the size of a 5d and the 16bit advantadge of working real files leads to MFDB troucing all exept a 1DS2 which I am not familiar with (in bright light or a studio - not pictures of bins)

HG is correct that  either in terms of live demonstrations or RAW downloads it takes a lot more to make customers part with thier cash !

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up