Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QuadTone RIP not printing to R2400  (Read 1775 times)

Roaring Bearcub

QuadTone RIP not printing to R2400
« on: July 11, 2007, 05:26:58 am »

Apologies if this has been covered before, or if I'm just doing something stupid, but I downloaded the program a while ago, and have started playing around with it. I've made some good prints using Epson Archival Matte and Crane Silver Rag (I've noticed that QTR prints shadows much lighter than Epson, though). This is all on Windows XP, with a R2400.

However, today I tried to make some prints on Epson Velvet Fine Art. I've only got 13x19 sheets, and wanted to make smaller prints, so I cut one sheet in half. I then went through the process of making a .tif file, setting up QTR, and selecting a custom paper size of 9.5x13, equal to the sheets I had cut. I had resized the file in photoshop to print at 360dpi at about 9 inches wide by 11 point something.

The printer then refused to print. I continued to try, thinking I got something wrong. The printer would refuse to print. I tried resizing the file, to make it smaller for QTR, but this didn't work (I've got 2gb ram, so it should've been fine). I tried making the .tif file grayscale and 8 bit/channel, but this also didn't work. I tired using the rear feed, using sheet feed, using different paper sizes, different paper types etcetera, but nothing would make the printer work. It appeared as if QTR just gives up trying to make the file print.

I then turned off the printer, closed QTR, and tried again. To my surprise, the printer started printing, but at the wrong size, ruining one sheet of the VFA paper in the printer... I tried this again, restarting the computer and the printer, and it kept on occasionally spurting out a print (now on Epson Archival). Eventually, after it stopped printing, I tried again.

And, it didn't work. Like before, the printer refused, the driver gave up...

I don't know - it worked perfectly before, and now it's stuffed up and I don't know what I did. Even settings which worked before now don't.

Again, apologies if this is too long, but I'd rather provide too much information than have to constantly reply to questions. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew.

Roaring Bearcub

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:04:39 am »

Okay, sorry everyone!!!

I just discovered that the printer queue thing had sixteen documents pending.......

Well, hopefully I've educated someone with the same problem... And at least I'm happy now! Thanks anyway!

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:08:39 am »

Okay, sorry everyone!!!

I just discovered that the printer queue thing had sixteen documents pending.......

Well, hopefully I've educated someone with the same problem... And at least I'm happy now! Thanks anyway!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm glad it worked out. I couldn't live without a working QTR.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up