Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Appaling Adobe and a question  (Read 3527 times)

oneword

Appaling Adobe and a question
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:59:15 pm »

Ill spare you the details but, after spending two hours on hold and two more talking with someone in tech support, they still cant make my Lightroom 1.1 work and the guy said to call back, go through this with someone else and that if the second guy couldn't fix it, he might escalate me to a more knowledgeable support person!

I asked to speak to a manager and after 10 more minutes on hold, the guy says he'll call me right back. Needless to say, no one ever called back so, I give up. I'm dumping Lightroom and of course, will be going back for a refund.

My question is this, I have a Canon 1DMK3 and CS2, how do I process the raw files? I don't want to use the DPP and certainly don't want to buy the upgrade to CS3 after the problems I've had with Adobe lately so, is there any solutions? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Langsey

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »

Ill spare you the details but, after spending two hours on hold and two more talking with someone in tech support, they still cant make my Lightroom 1.1 work and the guy said to call back, go through this with someone else and that if the second guy couldn't fix it, he might escalate me to a more knowledgeable support person!

I asked to speak to a manager and after 10 more minutes on hold, the guy says he'll call me right back. Needless to say, no one ever called back so, I give up. I'm dumping Lightroom and of course, will be going back for a refund.

My question is this, I have a Canon 1DMK3 and CS2, how do I process the raw files? I don't want to use the DPP and certainly don't want to buy the upgrade to CS3 after the problems I've had with Adobe lately so, is there any solutions? Am I missing something?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127504\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Adobe. The program that I use to convert my raw files is Breezebrowser Pro (http://www.breezesys.com/index.htm). You can download a trial version to see if you like it. I think you will. Also you can check out there downloader pro. It opens up the files from your CF card. It will be able to batch rename your files. There is also a trial version of this product. With Breezebrowser you can view your photos and which ones you decide to keep or discard quite easily. Also you can make slight adjustments. I shoot with a Canon 5D.

Good luck with Adobe.

John

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:10:50 am »

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your problems. If you describe your platform (Computer, OS, Memory etc) and what kind of problems you have you may (or may not) get some help on this forum.

I have used Lightroom on both Windows XP and Mac OS X since it was released in Beta 3 previous  year and did not really have any big problem, except an issue with Beta 4 on Win XP. I think that your problem is probably more an exception then a rule but that is of course no help for you.

Best regards

Erik

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127504\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Erik Kaffehr

ranjans

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:50:31 am »

I tried importing 1dmk3 raw CR2 files in lightroom 1.1 but it fails to import, AFAIK LR 1.1 supports  1dmk3, I even tried converting to dng but that doesn't work either so I am not sure why these raw files have this problem.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:38:45 pm »

I tried importing 1dmk3 raw CR2 files in lightroom 1.1 but it fails to import, AFAIK LR 1.1 supports  1dmk3, I even tried converting to dng but that doesn't work either so I am not sure why these raw files have this problem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i have used LR since the first beta and have always been amazed how stable the software is ...even for a beta...now i would consider it rock-solid....i am on a mac...

as fas as i know there are issues with CR and CS2....becuase the latest CR supports the canon files, but was obviously released after CS2....LR uses the latest version of CR (or has the same technology)....i run CS3 with CR 4.1 and LR1.1 and have no stability issues whatsoever....

i am only mentioning the CS2/CR issue because it is posted all over the adobe site and there were warnings all over the web....

not sure if this helps in any way.....

adobe phone support is like any other phone support....either you get lucky or you get someone who can install software..that's it....much better to post in the adobe forums.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up