Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Head cleaning Epson 3800  (Read 3687 times)

Tango_01

First Head cleaning Epson 3800
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:07:34 am »

I hadn't used the printer for almost a month. I went to print some scans of old photos and I noticed that some highlights were sort of posterized. I burned the HL a little on PS and the second print came out good.

I thought I'd do a nozzle check just in case and the pattern wasn't "perfect"; there were some lines missing here and there. Not too bad either.

I had to do 3 normal cleanings until the pattern came out perfect. I did a 3rd print of the same subject but noticed no difference from the second - fixed in PS - version. Very good like always by the way.

Just wanted to let you 3800 users that after about 6 months I finally had to do a head-clean.

As a side note: I've never turned my printer OFF since I own it.

Now a subjective comment: This is the best printer in the history of printers

alfin

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:25:20 am »

As a side note: I've never turned my printer OFF since I own it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127405\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And that might be the source of your problem, at least Epson tech support advice that the printer should be turned off while not in use for a couple of days. For me it’s more than four month’s now and I usually only print on weekends and so far not one single nozzle clog.  Hope it stays that way.
Lars Mollerstrom

vandevanterSH

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:58 am »

And that might be the source of your problem, at least Epson tech support advice that the printer should be turned off while not in use for a couple of days. For me it’s more than four month’s now and I usually only print on weekends and so far not one single nozzle clog.  Hope it stays that way.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127435\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is the tech advice. Turn off to park the head properly, the latest firmware down-load addresses problems with head "parking".

Steve

alfin

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:29:14 pm »

That is the tech advice. Turn off to park the head properly, the latest firmware down-load addresses problems with head "parking".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127446\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you are referring to or what you mean by your statement? I have the latest firmware and I do turn off the printer each week; that was my point in regards to the previous poster. What did I miss?
Lars Mollerstrom

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:40:11 am »

Eric Chan

picnic

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 02:47:05 pm »

Here's the info from Epson:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Ep....html#on_or_off
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127579\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I looked for a thread to post this to---and found this.  After about a 2 month hiatus from printing (odd for me, but I realized it had happened), I ran a nozzle check on the 3800 yesterday--and lo and behold--no clogs, nada.  Was I pleased.  I had had some--nothing awful-- with the 2200 and certainly with the 1280, but to go this long and nothing--lovely.  I did have to replace lt. black ink and will have others to replace sooner rather than later.  I used Hawks Mt. BW Condor 17 x 25 for the first time (back feeder) with no problems and printed a number of them.  What a joy--no printer problems, no feed problems--and what great results.

Worth mentioning I guess--I always turn off my printer and let it 'park' correctly.

Diane

Tango_01

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 11:49:23 pm »

I guess I'll start turning off my printer from now on. I thought I read somewhere that the heads parked in the same way when in stand-by or OFF... Maybe it was about another printer.

Anyway the clogging was really light. Just a couple of lines missing.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 08:59:14 pm »

Hi Tango -- yes, when the printer is working properly, the print head does park the same way regardless of whether it's on or off; the difference is in the cleaning that is automatically performed (or not performed) when the printer is turned off and back on, versus when it's left on all the time. Please see the link I posted above for more info.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up