Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson PX-5500 troubleshooting  (Read 2166 times)

Alexis Alvarez

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/madame_suzuki
Epson PX-5500 troubleshooting
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:21 pm »

I've just installed the PX-5500 (equivalent to R2400 in the US -- I'm in Japan) on my Mac, but cannot print. I click on Print, and nothing happens. The dialogue box says that the information is being sent to the printer, but that's about it. Can someone help? Unfortunately, my Japanese is nearly non-existent, but I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly.

I have a MacBook Pro, Mac OS 10.4.10, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, trying to print from Photoshop CS2 as well as iPhoto.

Alexis

dgillilan

Epson PX-5500 troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 03:03:32 pm »

I've just installed the PX-5500 (equivalent to R2400 in the US -- I'm in Japan) on my Mac, but cannot print. I click on Print, and nothing happens. The dialogue box says that the information is being sent to the printer, but that's about it. Can someone help? Unfortunately, my Japanese is nearly non-existent, but I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly.

I have a MacBook Pro, Mac OS 10.4.10, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, trying to print from Photoshop CS2 as well as iPhoto.

Alexis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127360\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is what I would do:
First I would try to print a test page from the printer, by itself. There should be a command specified in the printer manual, to have the printer print a test page merely by pushing a sequence of buttons on the printer.

If that prints, then your connection or Mac control to the printer is not working.

If that prints, then check your USB or firewire connections to your MAC and make sure that they are tight and fitted into the ports.

Have you installed the software from the CD onto your MAC, for the printer software ? Under some command on your MAC that lists active printers, does the 2400 show up at all ?

Try these things first, let us know,
Debra
Pages: [1]   Go Up