Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up the Z3100  (Read 2806 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Setting up the Z3100
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:42:44 am »

When I finally get to order my Z3100 44" I have the option of the technical people setting it up, or not.

The printer needs to go up 1 flight of stairs, which the delivery people don't do. Only deliver to ground floor.

What is involved in setting it up?

Moving it up 1 flight of stairs.
Setting it up physically?
Setting it up to the PC?

I am confident for the last part, but is the rest of it simple enough? Or do I really need to pay extra for the setting up.
Cheers
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:43:06 am by ThePhotoDude »

thierryd

• http://www.dehesdin.eu
Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 09:10:41 am »

Moving it up 1 flight of stairs.
Ask them, you need help for moving the printer 1 flight of stairs.  You must be 2 for moving it, but a friend could do the job.
Setting it up physically?
Documentation is good (at least with Windows).
Setting it up physically takes time but is easy with the documentation.
Setting it up to the PC?
Setting it up to the PC suppose you are used to pro printers. If you have no or only little practice and knowledge, pay for the setting up. They will do the connection, the driver update, calibrate at least one paper,  and make one profile. Keep them until you have a good print from Photoshop or your print soft.
The easiest way to learn to use the HP driver. It should worth the money, if they are qualified of course...

Fred Ragland

• http://
Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:13:50 am »

The printer needs to go up 1 flight of stairs, which the delivery people don't do. Only deliver to ground floor.

What is involved in setting it up?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127247\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
My Z3100 44" had to go up a flight of stairs also.  We have a large entry way and uncrated it after bringing it inside.  Other Z3100 owners have suggested doing that part outside.  HP has thoroughly thought out the packaging and includes excellent directions for uncrateing. Near the end of the process you have to lean the printer on it's side and stand it right side up (its shipped upside down.)  That's when you need a stocky friend to help you pick it up and turn it over.  In our case, two fairly strong guys carried it up a long flight of stairs, one on each end, and set it on its stand in the print room. We tried to keep it as level as possible going up the stairs, but that wasn't always possible.  There's no ink in it until the ink is loaded later so you won't have any problems with spillage.

The directions for setup are excellent.  We read through them carefully before starting and there were no surprises.

The printer is everything we hoped for and more.  Black and whites are exceptional.

Fred

rdonson

Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:34:10 am »

As already mentioned:

- the printer is HEAVY!  It takes two healthy people to move it up a flight of stairs
- HP did a super job on the design of packaging and assembly
- HP's instructions are top notch
- initial installation of the software is quite good
- sometimes applying the latest firmware, driver and software can be a challenge - if the HP tech is willing to do that it may save you some time and potential headache - depends on if the printer comes with the latest goodies

Enjoy the printer!  Its amazing.
Regards,
Ron

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:41:10 am »

D'accord.  Uncrate it where it is left by the delivery service and cart the pieces up any stairs (two flights of circa 1929 fold-back stairs in my case).  Best not to take the styro off the main body of the printer until it is in your studio; it will save the beast should you (horrors) drop it.  If you need to stand it upright on a dolly/truck to get it up the stairs, do so.

I compare it to moving a dead body around.  It's about 150 lbs, six feet long, stiff, and you don't want to drop it or bump it into anything.

Recked

Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 12:25:35 pm »

That's funny Sean....and by your response we should assume you have had lots of experience moving dead bodies around?

Geoff Wittig

Setting up the Z3100
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 01:11:23 pm »

That's funny Sean....and by your response we should assume you have had lots of experience moving dead bodies around?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127282\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A friend will help you move.
A close friend will help you move...the body.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up