Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahbemuhle Profiles for (Dye-based) Pro9000  (Read 1783 times)

iancl

• http://www.iancoxleigh.com
Hahbemuhle Profiles for (Dye-based) Pro9000
« on: July 08, 2007, 03:46:56 pm »

I have a Canon Pro9000 and have enjoyed using the Canon-rebranded Museum Etching Hahnemuhle paper (and some of the others as well). Images turn out consistently well (actually fantastically) using the Canon Museum Etching profile.

Since I liked that paper so much, I recently bought a sample pack of other Hahnemuhle fine art papers and have been experimenting. However, I find that I get inconsistent toning (I'm mostly printing toned B&Ws) on some papers due to not having a paper and printer-specific profile. In particular, using the Matte-paper profile for Natural Art Duo leads to a slight Magenta cast even when the image has actually been toned slightly yellow/sepia!

Unfortunately Hahnemuhle does not support non-pigment printers with their own profiles. Does anyone have any suggestions? Where I might get a profile already created or how I can go about making up a profile? Or, anyone with a B9180 want to swap (joking)?

Thanks in advance!

Also, is their anyway to print 8x10s on letter-size Museum etching paper? Canon seems to have set ludicrously large top and bottom margins when using the Front Tray. Is their a simple work-around? Or do I have to print 13x19s and trim or 6x7.5 with a border?
Pages: [1]   Go Up