Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best canvas for prining  (Read 2355 times)

james benda

• http://www.bendaphotography.com
Best canvas for prining
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:31:50 pm »

Looking for a good canvas that will print well with large format printers. One that gives good crisp images and has a good archival rating. I do life sized portraits of pets and their people.

www.bendaphotography.com

rdonson

Best canvas for prining
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:41:36 am »

You may want to give folks a hint as to which large format printer(s) you'll be using.
Regards,
Ron

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
Best canvas for prining
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:48:09 am »

Looking for a good canvas that will print well with large format printers. One that gives good crisp images and has a good archival rating. I do life sized portraits of pets and their people.

www.bendaphotography.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just did an art show and had a few of my images on Breathing Color Sterling canvas.

I had the images (on canvas) mounted as a wrap (1/2 inch wrapped around edges).
I barely touched them and the ink came off the canvas  (I did not use a sealer or spray on this)  would appreciate others experiences and what coating they use to seal etc.

I have not had this problem on standard framing/matting as they would be protected with acrylic or glass.

Looks great otherwise on my epson 7600
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:48:55 am by larryg »

David White

• http://
Best canvas for prining
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 11:05:17 am »

I just did an art show and had a few of my images on Breathing Color Sterling canvas.

I had the images (on canvas) mounted as a wrap (1/2 inch wrapped around edges).
I barely touched them and the ink came off the canvas  (I did not use a sealer or spray on this) 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127267\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had good experiences wit the Breathing Color canvas.  You really do need to coat anything that is not going to be protected under glass.  I've used the Moab Desert varnish and PremierArt Print Shield sprays and have never had a problem with ink coming off the canvas.  Breathing Color also makes a protective coating , Glamour II Veneer, that I have heard good things about from a couple people  know that use it.
David White
Pages: [1]   Go Up