Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye-One Match And Vista  (Read 7214 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Eye-One Match And Vista
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:19:10 am »

I've devised a workaround to get Eye-One Match to work properly in Windows Vista!

The first thing to do is disable User Account Control, as this hoses the display profile every time it generates an alert. Go to Control Panel, Security Center (you may need to switch to classic view) and click the round button on the right of "Other Security Settings" so that User Account Control on/off button is displayed.

Now go through the normal Eye-One Match installation and monitor profiling process if you haven't already done so.

The next thing to do is get out the CD that came with Eye-One and look in the \Tools\Monitor DisplayProfile folder. Copy the Monitor DisplayProfile.exe to a handy location, (C:\Program Files\gretagmacbeth\i1\Eye-One Match 3 is a good choice) and make a shortcut to it. Whenever you reboot or log off, your display profile will be hosed. Simply open up Monitor DisplayProfile.exe and click a profile other than your current monitor profile, then your current monitor profile. You're now color managed untill you log off or reboot.

Carol

Eye-One Match And Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »

It would be just far easier if G-M just got their finger out and released Vista x64 bit compatible software and drivers.

When I wrote to them at the end of January, they promised:-

Our development team is already working on updating the drivers and we hope, that we can start to test them in the next few weeks.

Te final release date for the new drivers is still not clear, however, I expect that they will be available in a few weeks.

I have written to their support team several times since then, the latest being on the 25th June when they responded with:-

we expect a release by en of the month (soon) but we still have no official info about finalisation.

I'm still waiting................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:1

jliechty

Eye-One Match And Vista
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:53:41 pm »

Microsoft and Gretag Macbeth have both been doing their part to keep color management on Vista a pain. Hopefully the official Vista x64 drivers will be out soon.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Eye-One Match And Vista
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:54:15 pm »

Instead of turning off UAC altogether, you might want to consider UAC "quiet mode" - this is a documented setting, mainly to suppress UAC prompts during a software installation process.

; Switch UAC to quiet mode - keeps it on but supresses prompts for admin
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

; Switch UAC to quiet mode - keeps it on but supresses prompts for user
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000000
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

Probably easiest to control using TweakUAC:

http://www.tweak-uac.com/download/

I'm dissapointed to hear you have to manually go through disabling then reloading color profile using Eye-One Match!  An ideal solution would be a command line option that you could script to run when starting your app . . .

hope this helps - John
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:59:41 pm by Joh.Murray »
Pages: [1]   Go Up