Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curves  (Read 127066 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Curves
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:23 pm »

This (and similar) comments are a bit dismaying.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're new here, huh? Well, you might want to try to blend in a little before you start condeming Lightroom and the other applications the industry needs. It would also be useful to know a little something about just how Adobe goes about getting feedback and input from users. They bend over backwards trying to get the right sort of feedback and input. But just pointing to some other product and saying "do this" ain't gonna fly bud. It's lazy if nothing else and doesn't tell Adobe ANYTHING it doesn't already know.

The primary reason they really DON'T want to look to steal other stuff is they can't afford to. It's not so much a "not invented here" sort of thing...more like they have to be VERY CAREFUL about how Adobe engineers go about doing research. Otherwise they leave Adobe wide open for lawsuits...

And truth be told, these guys are creatives, just like a lot of us here. They really don't want to just copy somebody else's work. That ain't their job...and as for video pushing photo. . .yeah, well, we'll see. It's two entirely different mindsets. And Adobe has a pretty good foot in the door with After Effects and Premier Pro-just returned to the Mac after a few years of being Win only.

Nope, I think you're just gonna have to be stuck with primarily Adobe for the long haul, so you may as well learn how to influence them–unless all you want to do is snipe from the sidelines.

rick.mn

Curves
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2007, 11:43:35 am »

I just wanted to add to Jeff's comments about law suits.  While not a software engineer, I have worked 23 years in the hi tech industry.  It is hard to imagine how difficult it is to be aware of all of the patent and other intellectual property art out there.  

I, for one, am immensely grateful to Adobe for paying attention to these issues.  The last thing I want as a user is to have my software taken back from me, because of an infringment injunction.

Rick

Mike Ornellas

Curves
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2007, 04:50:44 pm »

Dan is only interested in one thing and that ismaking money.,

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Curves
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2007, 05:13:44 pm »

Dan is only interested in one thing and that ismaking money.,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You know, I have to say once again - I have no role moderating this website - but I am involved in this discussion and I don't like being involved with discussions that turn into personal attacks against people - especially ones with serious professional reputations. You and I may not necessaarily agree with every position Dan takes on every issue and it is fair ball to say so and say why - at a technical level - but there is NO ROOM here for personal attacks with innuendo about peoples' motives when you most likely don't have the kind of relationship with them that would even give you a glimmer of insight into such things - and even if you did - not for reproduction on a website like this. This Forum is provided to us for exchanging ideas of educational value and comments like this DO NOT fit that description. I strongly recommend that you delete the post.

Mark
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up