Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parting w/my Contax 120 macro?  (Read 3629 times)

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
Parting w/my Contax 120 macro?
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:34:42 am »

I finally was able to by the beloved hasselblad 110 F2 FE this week for my Contax 645/P30 setup. I must say it hasn't came off since. Anyways the moral of the story is I need to sale the incredible and hard to find Contax 645 120 macro lens that I just was able to buy. I bought it from the original owner who swears that he never used it, and I believe him by its condition. It comes with the lens hood and clear contax filter that has been on  it since day one. I know I'll regret it and want it later on, but for now its on the block. You guys know what these go for so send me an offer..........

cheers,

ben edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

william

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »

Interesting.  I have the same setup (Contax + P30+) and have both of these lenses.  I planned on keeping them both, but the overlap in focal length has made me consider selling one of them.  Both are manual focus lenses, but you get focus confirmation with either one.  The upside of the Hassy 110FE is that it's F2 versus the 120mm Makro at f4.  The benefit of the Contax is that you don't have to stop-down, i.e., I can shoot with the Contax at f8 and still be able to easily manually focus because the lens stays open til exposure.  Just thinking out loud here, but if I were to only keep one, it would probably be the Hassy.

What was your reasoning in deciding to sell the Contax instead of the Hassy?

I finally was able to by the beloved hasselblad 110 F2 FE this week for my Contax 645/P30 setup. I must say it hasn't came off since. Anyways the moral of the story is I need to sale the incredible and hard to find Contax 645 120 macro lens that I just was able to buy. I bought it from the original owner who swears that he never used it, and I believe him by its condition. It comes with the lens hood and clear contax filter that has been on  it since day one. I know I'll regret it and want it later on, but for now its on the block. You guys know what these go for so send me an offer..........

cheers,

ben edmonson
www.benedmonson.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

benedmonson

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:20:23 am »

I need to sell the 120 makro to fund all my other recent purchases especially the 110 F2.  I've been looking for the 110 F2 for several months now, the 120 makro just fell into my lap last week. My style is wide open so the F2 stays. As everybody says, the 120 makro is the best contax lens of all time its just F4 is no benefit to me.

It's still for sale.

ben

Interesting.  I have the same setup (Contax + P30+) and have both of these lenses.  I planned on keeping them both, but the overlap in focal length has made me consider selling one of them.  Both are manual focus lenses, but you get focus confirmation with either one.  The upside of the Hassy 110FE is that it's F2 versus the 120mm Makro at f4.  The benefit of the Contax is that you don't have to stop-down, i.e., I can shoot with the Contax at f8 and still be able to easily manually focus because the lens stays open til exposure.  Just thinking out loud here, but if I were to only keep one, it would probably be the Hassy.

What was your reasoning in deciding to sell the Contax instead of the Hassy?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127001\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:29:52 am »

I need to sell the 120 makro to fund all my other recent purchases especially the 110 F2.  I've been looking for the 110 F2 for several months now, the 120 makro just fell into my lap last week. My style is wide open so the F2 stays. As everybody says, the 120 makro is the best contax lens of all time its just F4 is no benefit to me.

It's still for sale.

ben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127069\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have both lenses and hard to give a judgement of which is better since both lenses are above par and cannot be worng either way. However in reality I use Makro-Plannar 95% over just 5% of the 110/2 Plannar for obvious advantage on the shoots I do. The Makro-Plannar simply works a lot faster, convenient, and less fault (sometimes forgot to stop down again after open up for focus.. and etc.). Optically my preference is Makro-Plannar although I did not do any scientific comparison to proof it. Both lenses have shallow depth of field and I find getting the right focus on f/2 or f/4 can be managed. The makro-Plannar naturally gives warmer image than the 100/2 but in today's digital workflow this is less an issue.
If there is a vote, I will vote for keeping the Makro-Plannar.

benedmonson

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 03:09:09 pm »

I've decided $2250.00 including lens, hood and clear filter gets it. also, paypal fees are in there to.

ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up