Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone used a ThinkTank Bazooka tripod case?  (Read 4004 times)

hassiman

Anyone used a ThinkTank Bazooka tripod case?
« on: July 07, 2007, 03:44:36 am »

Hi,

I have a Gitzo 3540LS and was wondering if it would fit into a ThinkTank Bazooka tripod case.

They have a bigger "Big Bazooka" case but the smaller the better.

Are the Bazookas good cases?

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:11:50 am »

I have the original Bazooka.  I like it a lot for travel but it's a very tight fit on my 1325/BH-55 — both at the shoulders of the tripod and on the ballhead.  absolutely usable, but just a little too tight to be "perfect," which is why they came out with the larger models.  If you really want the smallest package, then the original is probably the way to go (assuming as I do that the 3540's shoulder dimensions are the same as the 1325's).  Ideally you should order both and send one back.

This is for travel, mind you.  For general schlepping around town, I prefer my large Gitzo tripod bag, which holds the 1325/BH-55 plus a 2227/BH-40 in its own bag plug two Sidekicks, all with room to spare.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

X-Re

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:47:07 pm »

I have the same tripod. It won't fit in the original Bazooka. The Big Bazooka fits nicely. If you intend to use it w/ one of their backpacks, the straps that came with the backpack for attaching around the standard Bazooka won't work - however, Think Tank made some "custom strap extensions" for me (at no charge) that work like a charm.

I haven't had a chance to abuse the case, at this point, but it worked well on the first trip I took it on - though mostly the case sat in the car while I hiked around w/ the 'pod, so... It definitely helped protect it during transit, though...

ETA - I say "won't fit" - I didn't really try to jam it into the case, but it was rather tight when I stopped... Nill might've had better luck than me  The "Big" case is bigger, but not ridiculously so, so I opted for the "fits easily" route....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:48:39 pm by X-Re »
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u
Pages: [1]   Go Up