Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which flaws did you notice in 1.1?  (Read 17235 times)

jani

• Øyet
Which flaws did you notice in 1.1?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 07:38:32 am »

Mike,
Here's a few things that you could try:

(...)

- Now for the terminal trick. Go into your Utilities folder and open Terminal.app. Open LR and make sure that the window created by Terminal.app is visible (ie resize LR window). Type the following command in the terminal window:
top -ocpu -R -F -s 2 -n30
Or you could go to the Applications folder, then Utilities, and start the Activity Monitor. Then hit command+1, and click on column headers to sort by them.
Jan

DavidW

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 06:44:11 am »

It is plausible that you usually don't have any need to manage the database. However, databases don't completely manage themselves yet, and even automated systems may need tuning.

MySQL also offers a variety of storage backends (MyISAM, InnoDB, merge, memory, BDB, cvs, NDB, ...), and in some usage patterns, it pays to switch to something different, especially in multi-user environments.

My guess is that database server management is an NP hard or NP complete problem, so I find it unlikely that there's "no extra management overhead" in the long run, even if Adobe were clever.

But for a few users, you are likely to be essentially correct.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130105\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What I was meaning is that the care and feeding of Version Cue only has to be done one, even if Lightroom traffic is added. If Lightroom's database could be handled by Version Cue, I'd expect Lightroom's database to be a separate database on the Version Cue MySQL server, utilising the existing user management provisions in Version Cue.

I run MySQL on my server here, so I'm familiar with the different storage backends. Unless I've missed something, Version Cue doesn't expose the choice of storage engine to the user - I'm 99% certain it uses MyISAM for everything, though maybe InnoDB makes more sense (because of its transactional nature).

David

francois

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 07:07:23 am »

Or you could go to the Applications folder, then Utilities, and start the Activity Monitor. Then hit command+1, and click on column headers to sort by them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130106\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right but if some process is stealing a lot of cycles then Activity Monitor doesn't always refresh its window. I agree that Activity Monitor is more user-friendly.

Francois

maclick

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »

I have found now when importing I can no longer insert a custom text token. I can add the year, date etc, but no custom text. Anyone seen this?

sergiojaenlara

• http://www.cazandoluces.com
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 03:17:32 pm »

I would prefer that adobe adopted the c1's profile color system, with several profiles for each camera model. I like lightroom's camera profiler but I think that C1's system is better.

Giedo

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2007, 05:18:59 pm »

I just noticed that Slideshow does not work properly. It goes back to the first pic after 5 slides or so, while the selection is abaout 80. I tried several collections, all with the same result.
Really annoying!
How do I do a propoer presentation now. this is what I bought the app for (among other reasons).
Is there anything to prevent the program doing this and.. does someone experience the same flaw?
Giedo

The View

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2007, 11:49:59 pm »

I am getting really fed up with the bugs in LR 1.1.

Within one hour Lightroom crashed three times in develop mode.

And the tab and shift Panel hiding does not work. Often the film strip does not reappear, and sometimes the film strip covers up the left panel, sometimes the left panel covers the film strip. It never works at the first go. You have to press shift tab several times.

Waiting for LR 1.2 bug fixes.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up