Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner  (Read 4258 times)

Roscolo

z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
« on: July 06, 2007, 01:57:47 pm »

I'm not going into the sign biz, but I would like to print my own signage. I was hoping to update my outdoor sign with an adhesive vinyl that would last at least 3-6 months in exposure to weather.

Also need a recommendation for an outdoor banner material that can be grommeted.

Product suggestions based upon real-world experience appreciated! Thanks

pulley

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:33:22 pm »

I'm not going into the sign biz, but I would like to print my own signage. I was hoping to update my outdoor sign with an adhesive vinyl that would last at least 3-6 months in exposure to weather.

Also need a recommendation for an outdoor banner material that can be grommeted.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try Lexjet, Sihl, IJ Tecnologies, Oce, or Rite-media (or Media-rite, can't remember). They all have coated adhesive vinyl that will work with aqueous priinters.

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:52:58 pm »

Did a little digging. The IJ Technologies Adhesive Back Vinyl looks like a pretty good option. Avery Graphics has some good options as well. But in the end I just ordered the HP Universal Adhesive Vinyl as I was ordering from IT Supplies anyway. I guess I'll see how it holds up.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:19:04 pm »

I have used the canvas from Lexjet they have indoor silk and outdoor heavy canvas up to 24" wide.

Has worked well for my applications

They also have an indoor stand that displays your banner (indoors with the silk)

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 12:07:12 pm »

I've used adhesive vinyl from Breathing Color with an Epson 9800 and matte black ink and found it to be very good after a year of outdoor use.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

pulley

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 06:38:46 pm »

Roscolo, if possible laminate your print so it will last. I have a laminated Epson print facing south for over 2 years with no signs of fade.

pulley

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 01:25:18 am »

Roscolo, how did you make out with your sign. How do you find printing on the Hp vinyl?

Roscolo

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 02:40:52 am »

Roscolo, how did you make out with your sign. How do you find printing on the Hp vinyl?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just got the HP vinyl on Wed. I'm hoping to have the sign printed tomorrow. I'll follow up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up