Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved P25 H2 kit is up for sale in the UK  (Read 4898 times)

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
My beloved P25 H2 kit is up for sale in the UK
« on: July 05, 2007, 05:35:32 pm »

Hi all, It's rare for a digital medium format system to be available complete second hand so I thought it worthy of mentioning here. I've got a P25 and H series Hasselblad with 4 lenses for sale. Any reasonable offer considered. The back is just under 3 years old, taken 58,000 frames and is picture perfect. The complete system with 4 lenses (35mm, 80mm, 100mm, 210mm) is available as separate lots and any unsold bits will be put on Ebay this Sunday. I'll cry when it goes as this system has been my only camera for 3 years and has totally Inspired my shooting style. It's time for me to move on and find a new system and look for my work.

PM me if interested.

Thanks, Damien.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:00:34 pm »

Hi Damien, can I ask what system you are moving to? I can't believe you'd sell the old system without replacing it pretty quickly

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:26:51 pm »

Let me guess!
Either the Hy6 or the Mamiya 645ADII!
Or early retirement?
The latter has crossed my mind!LOL
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

damien

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 07:57:33 am »

Let me guess!
Either the Hy6 or the Mamiya 645ADII!
Or early retirement?
The latter has crossed my mind!LOL
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Rethmeier, and foto-z,

I change my cameras like I change my cars. I've exclusively used the H kit for 3 years now and I want my photography to take another course. Shooting MF has put more control into my work and made me consider the detail in each image. Now I want to become more fluid and random. There is always politics in photography as you know and I'm currently negotiating my options for switching systems. I've acquired a Canon system to replace Julie's Nikon kit and I'm negotiating my own kit at the moment. Possibly a 1DS MK3 if it ever appears but I'm yet to be convinced. HY6 camera looks good too. I've had Rollei 6008's before and I liked the optics for that system. I just fancy using zooms again for a bit and working at 1600 iso. If I go for the Canon or the HY6 they will both be as heavy or heavier than the H2. New kit always makes me see the world a bit differently and motivates me. I'm also a bit of a kit junky!

(no big shoots for a few weeks so now is good time to swap systems).

Kindest regards,

Damien.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 02:21:35 pm »

i think we are all geeks here...otherwise we would not discuss the hell out of every little detail of anything related to cameras/backs....
but i understand where you are coming from....with the clean high asa that the canons can produce now, you can really change your whole way of shooting...it is fun....
that is one reason why i like the mamiya set up so much...last week i shot a editorial portrait:two quick set-ups with the RZ, lit at 100asa and one with the 645 with the lensbaby 3G at 800....magazine chose one of each....the really great thing is that both were shot with the P30 so there is no loss in quality.....i dn't have a canon anymore...never used it anymore...i just never liked the files compared to the P30 files....and the P30 can do all that anyway....the 1dsmkIII won't change that....
anyway...good luck and let us know what you end up with.....

damien

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 05:58:40 pm »

i think we are all geeks here...otherwise we would not discuss the hell out of every little detail of anything related to cameras/backs....
but i understand where you are coming from....with the clean high asa that the canons can produce now, you can really change your whole way of shooting...it is fun....
that is one reason why i like the mamiya set up so much...last week i shot a editorial portrait:two quick set-ups with the RZ, lit at 100asa and one with the 645 with the lensbaby 3G at 800....magazine chose one of each....the really great thing is that both were shot with the P30 so there is no loss in quality.....i dn't have a canon anymore...never used it anymore...i just never liked the files compared to the P30 files....and the P30 can do all that anyway....the 1dsmkIII won't change that....
anyway...good luck and let us know what you end up with.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are right of course the P30 is a great tool. I do however want to get back to more of a 'shooting from the hip' approach and creating images fast on the fly. It's like a painter used to working with oil on canvas being let loose with emulsion paint, a big wall, and big brushes. I've not used a tripod for three years and my monopod was the tool of choice. Perhaps I can dispense with that too ;-)

Julie's 5D kit arrived today and the 24 -70L f2.8 USM lens it came with is a bit rough round the edges wide open. Not quite as rough as a lens baby:-) but not a touch on the Nikon optics it is replacing. The quest for ultimate quality is not as big on our agenda as the spirit of the images we shoot. - I quite fancy shooting a wedding on a mobile phone for instance. Exciting times for all of us as digital continues to open up amazing picture taking opportunities.

I'll be back with MF at some time I'm sure.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 06:12:31 pm »

You are right of course the P30 is a great tool. I do however want to get back to more of a 'shooting from the hip' approach and creating images fast on the fly. It's like a painter used to working with oil on canvas being let loose with emulsion paint, a big wall, and big brushes. I've not used a tripod for three years and my monopod was the tool of choice. Perhaps I can dispense with that too ;-)

Julie's 5D kit arrived today and the 24 -70L f2.8 USM lens it came with is a bit rough round the edges wide open. Not quite as rough as a lens baby:-) but not a touch on the Nikon optics it is replacing. The quest for ultimate quality is not as big on our agenda as the spirit of the images we shoot. - I quite fancy shooting a wedding on a mobile phone for instance. Exciting times for all of us as digital continues to open up amazing picture taking opportunities.

I'll be back with MF at some time I'm sure.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i agree the 5d is IMO the first really amazing D camera...the files, the handling, the size, the price...a total pleasure....snapshots with amazing quality all the way to set-ups with amazing quality.....
the 5D is flawless...i am sure there will be better cameras in the (near) future, but the whole package at that price...

i feel that the P30 on the 645 with the 55-110 gives me the same free shooting...i really don't have to think about anything....i can shoot on P and AF and still get P30 files....up to 800...totally amazing....

btw: i almost never use tripods..... all handheld, even with the RZ....i get sharp files with the RZ down to 1/15th and the manual focus is a lot easier....

which is the only thing i don't like about the 5D...i can't focus manually...on a full lenght shot, i just can't focus on the eyes...

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 06:15:49 pm »

Listing your desired prices might help motivate us to move prior to eBay Damien...
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Blair Bunting

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 06:31:13 pm »

so this is in the MF forum and not the sale forum because?  

damien

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »

Hi Jack, I've responded directly to PM's re pricing for the bits that photographers are after. If you are interested in anything in particular I'll PM you the specs, condition, pictures and price. With 8 lots going on ebay I didn't want to flood the forum with all that stuff.

Hi Blair, Good Idea, Perhaps it should go in the for sale forum. As the community of photographers I converse with are here I naturally posted here without a second thought. If this thread needs moving I'm sure a Moderator will do it for me because I'm not sure how to myself.

Cheers, Damien.

damien

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:43 pm »

i agree the 5d is IMO the first really amazing D camera...the files, the handling, the size, the price...a total pleasure....snapshots with amazing quality all the way to set-ups with amazing quality.....
the 5D is flawless...i am sure there will be better cameras in the (near) future, but the whole package at that price...

i feel that the P30 on the 645 with the 55-110 gives me the same free shooting...i really don't have to think about anything....i can shoot on P and AF and still get P30 files....up to 800...totally amazing....

btw: i almost never use tripods..... all handheld, even with the RZ....i get sharp files with the RZ down to 1/15th and the manual focus is a lot easier....

which is the only thing i don't like about the 5D...i can't focus manually...on a full lenght shot, i just can't focus on the eyes...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the 55-110 with my Mamiya 645 pro TL kit and I thought it was a very good, light, compact lens for the money but the optics wern't quite up to the job I was after at the time. I know the Mamiya product has come a long way since 1998 when I last used it and maybe I should consider it. Thanks for the thought. P30+ is a very tempting bit of kit but perhaps not enough of a change from the P25 to rekindle my creativity.

The first thing I did with the 5D was lock the focus zone in the middle. The cluster of focus points are quite strangely placed for composition so Julie is sticking with a focus - reframe - shoot action.

Cheers,

Damien.
Pages: [1]   Go Up