Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using Lightroom from DVDR  (Read 1673 times)

charleski

Problem using Lightroom from DVDR
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:07:45 pm »

I've been trying out Adobe Lightroom 1.1, but have run into a problem when using it to go through some of my old photos that have been backed up to DVDR and wiped from my harddisk.

So far, I've tried creating a new catalog on my HD and then importing the raw files into from the DVDR using the option to leave the files in their original location. I want to be able to browse the files, select one I passed over initially, do the RAW conversion and then edit it in Photoshop. But when I select 'Edit in Photoshop' and go through the dialog I get an error because Lightroom tries to create a copy in the original location (ie. on the DVDR), which obviously is impossible. I tried using the export function, but it wants to export all the photos in the catalog, and I can't work out how to get it to export only the one I'm interested in. I don't want to copy a ton of photos back to my HD just to get at the one I'm interested in.

What am I doing wrong? Would I be better-off just using Bridge here?

charleski

Problem using Lightroom from DVDR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:19:52 pm »

If anyone faces the same difficulty, I fixed it by putting the RAW files I wanted into a Quick Collection and then exporting that to the hardisc. In doing so, I realised that the RAW conversion performed in Lightroom is, of course, saved to LR's catalogue rather than the ACR database (xmp sidecars can't be written to the DVDR). Since it's not unusual for me to be manipulating a file in Photoshop and then realise that I want to go back to the RAW conversion to tweak something, it seems I'm better-off sticking with Bridge for editing purposes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up