Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sebastian craves something  (Read 3218 times)

Andres Bonilla

Sebastian craves something
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:20:44 pm »

When I child gets sick all the attention goes to his little being, the family, the friends, the doctors, the social workers; everyone concentrates on the wellbeing of the most vulnerable one. The only drawback is that some of the other children feel neglected and ignored. Sebastian use to be daddy's favorite, after his little brother was diagnosed with cancer everything changed dramatically; his father left for good unable to cope with he pain, his mother spends her time between her 2 jobs and the hospital leaving Sebastian and the other siblings by themselves. I talked to this vivacious and mischievous little boy for a long time, he kept on assuring me that he loves his little brother but could not help to resent him for " driving my papi away ", everything is about Pablito now he told me; when I asked him why he was getting in so much trouble he replied " Is the only time when my mom notices me"

HickersonJasonC

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:38:05 pm »

Andres, the photo definately "works." However, all the info, while obviously very interesting to you, is a bit much right up front. My personal opinion is that a photo works on it's own, with no explanation, or it doesn't work at all. If the image is compelling, the viewer will ask for the story behind it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 07:39:40 pm by HickersonJasonC »

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 12:10:50 am »

Thank you Jason, I will try to post them without any explanation and see what happens; in this case  I did not want it to be another close up of a child, I thought that a little background would help understand the story behind the photograph.

MikeMike

• http://
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 02:31:49 pm »

I find the catchlight in the eye amazing. It gets your whole body almost haloed in the eye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up