Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge 2.1 lost tools  (Read 2219 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Bridge 2.1 lost tools
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:45:02 am »

In Bridge CS2 you could access many of the Photoshop scripts and apply them to a selection of images, eg Web gallery, Image processor, contact sheet etc

This option seems to have gone from the tools menu on Bridge 2.1, is everyone seeing this ? According to the help file it should be there.
Seems rather a major omission from Bridge's functionality if it has been removed, especially so as the Image Processor script seems to have been fixed now.

On Win XPP

Carol

Bridge 2.1 lost tools
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 05:21:11 am »

In Bridge CS2 you could access many of the Photoshop scripts and apply them to a selection of images, eg Web gallery, Image processor, contact sheet etc

This option seems to have gone from the tools menu on Bridge 2.1, is everyone seeing this ? According to the help file it should be there.
Seems rather a major omission from Bridge's functionality if it has been removed, especially so as the Image Processor script seems to have been fixed now.

On Win XPP
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126194\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess the reason for the deafening silence is that nobody else is having these problems - I can see the tools for certain, so it must be something on your system that is causing the problem.

Did you ever have the public beta of Photoshop CS3 on your system??  If you did, did you run the uninstall script available on the Adobe web site before you installed Photoshop CS3???
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:1

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Bridge 2.1 lost tools
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 05:38:09 am »

so it must be something on your system that is causing the problem.

I've finally solved it with some help on the Adobe user forums.
The problem seems to be that having disabled all the scripts I thought unnecessary in the preferences options, I found the Photoshop option on the tools menu had gone. However re-enabling the preferences failed to return the options to the menu.

The solution was to reinstall Bridge, patch it back up to 2.1 and delete all the Bridge preferences on start up (Hold down Ctl+Alt+Shift on Windows) then accept all the defaults and the menu options returned.

Whilst this maybe an isolated problem on my system, it may also be a bug in Bridge too. However you may only see it if you disable the scripts and then try to re-enable them, a situation not many people may have tried yet.
I'm afraid I haven't the time to test this much further now it's working again for me.

Yes, I did have the beta on here in the past, but it was fully deleted according to all Adobe's instructions well before installing CS3. I have had no other problems others have reported that are beta related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up