Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out the FS section  (Read 3458 times)

yaya

Check out the FS section
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:42:22 pm »

See my post in the FS section

Yair

RicAgu

Check out the FS section
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:31:20 pm »

Yair,

I though the backs went back for an upgrade therefore you got the same back with upgraded electronics.  So how can there be refurbs?  Just loking for clarification since there is contradictory statements here and from Leaf.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Check out the FS section
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:21 pm »

Yair,

I though the backs went back for an upgrade therefore you got the same back with upgraded electronics.  So how can there be refurbs?  Just loking for clarification since there is contradictory statements here and from Leaf.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The intent (at least in the US) was to upgrade the Aptus to Aptus S by placing the existing sensor and LCD into an all new housing. To perform this, additional technical support was brought into the US from Israel for an intensive period of upgrading.

However, due to the difficulty (not surprising) in scheduling photographers to provide their Aptus units on cue, the idea of getting all of the upgrades done in a condensed period has gone by the board and instead, new swapped units appear to be the easier and more expedient method of going from Aptus to Aptus S.

There can be exceptions to this, but these should be discussed with your dealer. For now, it appears that Leaf has moved to swaps rather than upgrades - good news in most cases. In either case, it's a very fast turnaround.

That's why refurbs are becoming available.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Check out the FS section
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 12:35:31 am »

The intent (at least in the US) was to upgrade the Aptus to Aptus S by placing the existing sensor and LCD into an all new housing. To perform this, additional technical support was brought into the US from Israel for an intensive period of upgrading.

However, due to the difficulty (not surprising) in scheduling photographers to provide their Aptus units on cue, the idea of getting all of the upgrades done in a condensed period has gone by the board and instead, new swapped units appear to be the easier and more expedient method of going from Aptus to Aptus S.

There can be exceptions to this, but these should be discussed with your dealer. For now, it appears that Leaf has moved to swaps rather than upgrades - good news in most cases. In either case, it's a very fast turnaround.

That's why refurbs are becoming available.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And now I am very PISSED. Very F....PISSED!!!
Swapping was the original agreement I had with LEAF. I am not an idiot and I clearly know what was said to me when I signed for the upgrade 6 months ago. I heard it from Bob Bresson and I heard it from Rick Adshead. When my time for an upgrade came up I was told that upgrade is an upgrade and not a swap. I brought it up in this forum and once again was told that there is no swap nor that one was ever intended and that I had to misunderstand the meaning of upgrade.  Hard to misunderstand the intentions if my Rep originally 6 months ago promised to bring the new 75S to my studio for a check before I would release my 75 to him. Last week I called everybody inside Leaf HQ and was informed that the only way I will see an upgrade is by sending my unit in for replacement of the electronics only. I told Leaf that they flip flap on what they promised and again was made to feel like a retard. NO SWAPS MISTER. No loaners neither for a time of upgrading. I booked off 4 days from my studio busy time at the additional lost of thousands of dollars to get the " upgrade" . Five days ago I got my old back upgraded. Still the same
beat up housing etc.  and now I read THIS. Yair, Steve my old personal friends I am PISSED and when I am pissed I am worst than my wife and you guys know what I mean.
VERY CRUDE of Leaf and one less client even if I have to shoot with Pentacon6 from now on.
I had been with PhaseOne for six years before moving to Leaf and was never made to feel this way dealing with them. I may have an foreign accent, I might be making spelling mistakes but I can clearly feel when someone tries to screw me from behind. Sure why not,  let some idiots pay the same hard earned money for " upgrade " as for the swap. Let see how many of them we can get before we decide to start sending new units. When Pat  Bono called me he told me that I have to send my back in right away because there is a list of upgrading that they are following. NICE, Nice work but it has very short legs and it will not walk the company very far.

[a href=\"http://AndreNapier.com]http://AndreNapier.com[/url]  

h

Henry Goh

Check out the FS section
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:45:23 am »

And now I am very PISSED. Very F....PISSED!!!
Swapping was the original agreement I had with LEAF. I am not an idiot and I clearly know what was said to me when I signed for the upgrade 6 months ago. I heard it from Bob Bresson and I heard it from Rick Adshead. When my time for an upgrade came up I was told that upgrade is an upgrade and not a swap. I brought it up in this forum and once again was told that there is no swap nor that one was ever intended and that I had to misunderstand the meaning of upgrade.  Hard to misunderstand the intentions if my Rep originally 6 months ago promised to bring the new 75S to my studio for a check before I would release my 75 to him. Last week I called everybody inside Leaf HQ and was informed that the only way I will see an upgrade is by sending my unit in for replacement of the electronics only. I told Leaf that they flip flap on what they promised and again was made to feel like a retard. NO SWAPS MISTER. No loaners neither for a time of upgrading. I booked off 4 days from my studio busy time at the additional lost of thousands of dollars to get the " upgrade" . Five days ago I got my old back upgraded. Still the same
beat up housing etc.  and now I read THIS. Yair, Steve my old personal friends I am PISSED and when I am pissed I am worst than my wife and you guys know what I mean.
VERY CRUDE of Leaf and one less client even if I have to shoot with Pentacon6 from now on.
I had been with PhaseOne for six years before moving to Leaf and was never made to feel this way dealing with them. I may have an foreign accent, I might be making spelling mistakes but I can clearly feel when someone tries to screw me from behind. Sure why not,  let some idiots pay the same hard earned money for " upgrade " as for the swap. Let see how many of them we can get before we decide to start sending new units. When Pat  Bono called me he told me that I have to send my back in right away because there is a list of upgrading that they are following. NICE, Nice work but it has very short legs and it will not walk the company very far.

http://AndreNapier.com  
h
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126174\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think Leaf should do the right thing and get their rep to bring a new back to swap with Andre.  Who would not be pissed.

pixjohn

Check out the FS section
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 01:05:06 am »

Pissed, At least your back works? After 1 year I still do not have a working back. I am on my 4th back  with no luck going down hill faster every shoot.

If you read all my post I think I am number 1 on the Pissed rating. I know for a fact Leaf reps read this forum, and have not taken care of me.

I think I screwed myself being the nice guy and waiting and waiting for a working back. I really wanted to buy the Leaf back based the the demo unit and my support for an israel company, as I am married to an Israeli.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:05:29 am by pixjohn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up