Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop and Illustrator CS2 Crashes  (Read 2962 times)

LCE - Janel

Photoshop and Illustrator CS2 Crashes
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:28:55 pm »

Photoshop crashes when I try to open the program.  I don't even get to the open new file window.  It was working just fine this morning, and now it isn't.

Illustrator crashes after about 1-3 hours of being open, even if i'm not currently using the program.

I work at a small newspaper, and I need help figuring this out!    

Thank You!

Janel
Lake County Examiner

Mort54

• http://
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:28:42 pm »

Photoshop crashes when I try to open the program.  I don't even get to the open new file window.  It was working just fine this morning, and now it isn't.

Illustrator crashes after about 1-3 hours of being open, even if i'm not currently using the program.

I work at a small newspaper, and I need help figuring this out!     

Thank You!

Janel
Lake County Examiner
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126128\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, the first thing you should do is move this thread to the "Digital Image Processing" forum. You aren't going to get as many relevant responses here in the "About This Site" forum.

Other than that, I assume you've tried the obvious - completely power down the computer and then start everything back up. If you've tried that and still no joy, then I'd check what other apps are running and shut them down. The fact that it's crashing even while not using it suggests some sort of memory problem (either unreliable memory, or running out of memory). But without more details, that's just an uninformed guess. Applications don't just suddenly stop working, unless you've got hardware problems, or you're PC has been infected with a virus, or someone has installed something new on the machine which introduces an incompatibility.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:40:10 am »

Besides the above, how about calling up Adobe customer support?

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up