Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4800 roller marks on double sidded matte  (Read 2713 times)

vondiest

Epson 4800 roller marks on double sidded matte
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:01:42 pm »

I am printing with an Epson 4800 using ColorByte's ImagePrint RIP using Phatte Black.  I have never been able to get clean prints when printing double sidded on matte paper.  I have no trouble printing the first side but when I print the back side I get what look like roller marks in the dark areas of the first image (as it passes through the printer for the second time, on the reverse of the paper).  The roller marks are not from excess ink in the printer; it is as if the rollers are crushing the ink.  It shows like a change in the finish of the paper, and it happens most in the dark areas. Has anyone experienced this before?  I have tried printing with Plateen Gap at Widest and I've given the paper plenty of time to dry before printing the second side.  I have also tried a few different print guard sprays which seem to help, but do not eliminate the problem.  I am printing on StoneHinge and MOAB Chinle (entrada) paper/portfolio systems.

Any advise is appreciated.

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 02:36:13 pm »

I am printing with an Epson 4800 using ColorByte's ImagePrint RIP using Phatte Black.  I have never been able to get clean prints when printing double sidded on matte paper.  I have no trouble printing the first side but when I print the back side I get what look like roller marks in the dark areas of the first image (as it passes through the printer for the second time, on the reverse of the paper).  The roller marks are not from excess ink in the printer; it is as if the rollers are crushing the ink.  It shows like a change in the finish of the paper, and it happens most in the dark areas. Has anyone experienced this before?  I have tried printing with Plateen Gap at Widest and I've given the paper plenty of time to dry before printing the second side.  I have also tried a few different print guard sprays which seem to help, but do not eliminate the problem.  I am printing on StoneHinge and MOAB Chinle (entrada) paper/portfolio systems.

Any advise is appreciated.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126085\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That always seems to be a general problem with double sided printing that I have only been able to eliminate by feeding a thin protection sheet in (facing the printed side) when refeeding the sheet to print the second side.  So, if you are feeding the sheets individually, as I do on the 7800, this should work for you.   However, if you are using the tray, it won't work.

Good Luck,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

vondiest

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:59:06 pm »

Thanks Ed!  I love it when the answer is simple.  I just tried out your suggestion and that solves my issue.   Thanks again.

Curt

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:59:26 pm by vondiest »
Pages: [1]   Go Up