Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl 320 Issues  (Read 2444 times)

Recked

Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl 320 Issues
« on: July 01, 2007, 09:50:16 pm »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there is using Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl 320 paper and having issues with a single line/scratch through the output. I am using the new media type Fine Art Pearl (more ink) and it is better then the previous media type I tried, but I am still getting this line right down each print. It doesn't appear to be the star wheel marks others have commented on, but clearly it is not in the image and is causing me to pull what hair I have remaining out of my head! Haven't yet called HP for support on this..........

thanks

dajaka

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:21:57 pm »

I had a similar problem that was due to one of the springs that holds the pizza wheels coming loose and draging across the paper.

Look under the pizza wheel assembly toward the back of the printer (a flashlight might help) and see if this is causing it.

I had pizza wheels come loose a few times and HP came out and replaced the entire assembly with the new version. Haven't had one come loose since.

Recked

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:01 am »

Hello,

Thanks for the information. Curious as to why out of nowhere I am getting this now. I have only printed 10 or so items so far! Does it require a fight with HP to get them to switch it out?

thank you again

dajaka

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:37:18 am »

Can you see any springs hanging down? You can remove the entire wheel assembly by removing 2 screws if you want.

I actually called them about a paper sensor problem and mentioned that I had star wheels coming off. They said that the assembly had been redesigned and they would change it out. I had an early unit (purchased in Jan) so I'm not sure if the one you have already has the newer version in it.

I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised and pleased with the level of service I have received from HP. The phone support was excellent and non confrontational. They believed what I said and had someone out the next day with the parts. Someone from HP called a few days later to make sure everything had gone OK and to make sure I was satisfied.

Recked

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:06:04 pm »

Hi,

I will check for the spring when I get home tonight from my day job.

Happy to hear HP was confrontational about it. You mention just removing the unit and I wonder it's purpose in the first place other then keeping the paper down and moving out of the machine properly. If that is all it does it seems a bit surprising that HP would use what appears to be metal "wheels"!

Anyway I hope to get this small issue fixed as the printer has been a happy addition otherwise.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up