Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax *ist DS  (Read 2691 times)

tetsuo77

Pentax *ist DS
« on: July 01, 2007, 05:31:30 pm »

Is there any way to activate the tethered shooting in this DSLR, which shouldn´t have.

Funnily enough, the Pentax Remote Assistant has two versions, the 1 for the *ist D, and the 3rd, for the K10d.

Seriously, any way to get tethered shooting?

Thank you very much on beforehand!!!

tetsuo77

Pentax *ist DS
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:48:49 pm »

Is there any way to activate the tethered shooting in this DSLR, which shouldn´t have.

Funnily enough, the Pentax Remote Assistant has two versions, the 1 for the *ist D, and the 3rd, for the K10d.

Seriously, any way to get tethered shooting?

Thank you very much on beforehand!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125970\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And, I answer myself [if anyone needing help, this should].
Doing some research and trying software I shouldn´t, I got to know that the Pentax Remote Assistant 1 will support tethered shooting for both te *ist D and the *ist DS [not the DL].

And, oh, surprise, it perfectly does.
The Remote assistant will have to work under Pentax Photo Browser to get instant feedback [as fast as the computer can], and image.

But do not work with the silkypix app. [that is, the Pentax Photo Browser], as it does not deliver good developments.

Another issue in this case is that the camera does not have a fireware port. And, although it DOES support usb 2.0, sometimes it gets recognized as a usb 1.1 device, and it could perform better [I guess everyone got this balloon on windows].

So, be sure that your *istDS gets propperly attached and linked. The results are quite all right.

And yet another question. If the only cameras to be able to get the tethered support are the *istD and the k10d, why there is not a Remote Assitant 2? [it jumps from the version 1 to v. 3].

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up