Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro9500 arrived  (Read 2256 times)

jon.m

Canon Pro9500 arrived
« on: July 01, 2007, 04:17:34 pm »

I ordered the Canon Pixma Pro9500 early in the week from B&H, it arrived on Thursday.

Very easy setup on my Mac.  The printer comes with a large two sided instruction sheet.

This is my third Canon printer, but first large format printer.   I also have a Selphy photo printer and an S900.

Using the standard Driver Color corrections, I printed CR2 files straight out of Lightroom using the A3 layout.  I tried one as "borderless" but there was still a 1/4" border around the print.  I believe that was operator (ahem, my) error in Lightroom.

I started out with the supplied set of ink cartridges, plus one more complete set I purchased at the same time.

After one 8x10 test print and forty nine 13x19 prints, sized at 12x18, on SG-101 paper, the printer used up two gray cartridges plus several other colors.   Sorry I'm not next to the printer while writing this from the road, so I have to report from memory that I went through Green, Red, Cyan, Photo Magenta, Photo Cyan as well.  47 of the prints plus the 8x10 were all of the same photo, so the overuse of one color (Grey) isn't surprising.   But that put my printing to a stop until I return home and buy more Grey.

Each of the 12x18 prints took just under 15 minutes.  I fed the paper from the auto feeder.  Using the front loader seems prone to crooked prints.  This might take some practice.

Bottom line is the printer does a great job.   My original CR2 file did not need color corrections or crops or up-sizing.   I did use a very slight sharpening to the image done on the Lightroom "Print" view.

Sorry I can't compare this to other printers, but initial impressions are this is a winner!

Jon

dgillilan

Canon Pro9500 arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:14:57 pm »

I ordered the Canon Pixma Pro9500 early in the week from B&H, it arrived on Thursday.
Very easy setup on my Mac.  The printer comes with a large two sided instruction sheet.

This is my third Canon printer, but first large format printer.   I also have a Selphy photo printer and an S900.

<snip>

Bottom line is the printer does a great job.   My original CR2 file did not need color corrections or crops or up-sizing.   I did use a very slight sharpening to the image done on the Lightroom "Print" view.

Sorry I can't compare this to other printers, but initial impressions are this is a winner!

Jon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125962\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

HI Jon,
I am happy to hear that your new Canon Pro9500 is doing a great job, I heard many fine things about this new printer.  How does it do with black and white prints? (you state "color corrections not needed", so I assume you printed color).  I use the Epson Pro 3800 and R1800 and have a small Epson dye printer also. I enjoy printing my own images to the size I want on paper I choose.

Keep us posted on the black and white prints, if you do any,
Thank you, Debra
Pages: [1]   Go Up