Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP For Z3100 24"  (Read 9094 times)

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
RIP For Z3100 24"
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 12:47:41 am »

Hmmm, deja vu all over again...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127204\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The above is the reason I don't even want to look to see when an estimated delivery date is proposed.
All I can say is on the non PS version (which it wasn't supposed to work on anyway) it works very well already. In fact I haven't found any problems at all. I hope that the separations are tweaked for the latest firmware, then they make all the profiles necessary for the Z 3100. The color gradients are already producing color into the shadows that the driver just cannot do.
Since the calibration is very robust, the canned profiles will be more usable on the Z printers than would be any other printer. You can make your own profiles very easily in IP7. You just calibrate , then print out the chart with No CM, the way it should be.
To recap; I bought Q-image for great placement features, and nice sharpening routines for scaled images up front of the driver. Yet if you need the highest quality separations a good rip is going to take you farther. At this time the only rip I've seen that does well in color is IP7. The other rips are for prepress, but I have my hopes up for GMG, as they have had success in doing great things that directed to prepress that in fact should be shown to the photographic community too. Ernst has Wasatch so he can speak for them.

Oh p.s. the Pro Plug in works well on the Mac. I think Q-image is a better option on the PC that uses the HP driver in any case . Hope that the Pro plug-in becomes available for the PC side just the same.

rdonson

RIP For Z3100 24"
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 09:55:31 am »

Image Print 7 if ever available is supposed to ave high quality profiles and it uses a better target for linearization. As far as when it will be released it was supposed to have been released in a couple of months .....ONE YEAR AGO.....
Don't be holding your breath!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127169\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Colorbyte does seem to have a loose concept of time.  
Regards,
Ron

Harris

RIP For Z3100 24"
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:14:33 am »

Well, since I started this thread, I guess I should let you know how I am making out.  My main purpose for getting a RIP was for management of placement of images on the paper.  Some of you suggested Qimage - go it and it works great.  A RIP would have cost a lot more money and this meets all my curent requirements, with less of a learning curve.  Thanks for the recomendation.
Harris    
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up