Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't extract update LR 1.1  (Read 3049 times)

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
Can't extract update LR 1.1
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:38:49 pm »

I hope someone can help me.

I have downloaded the Windows version from Adobe: LTRM_WWE_win.exe When I double click the executable, it asks for an installation folder and the progress-bar (without percentages showing) progresses to 100% and an error pops-up with the message that a problem has occured and that I should try to download the file again.

Well I have downloaded the file for at least 10 times without any effect. The file is 30,6 MB (32.162.280 bytes).

Any suggestions?

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:50:29 pm »

Clear your browser cache, delete the existing ZIP archive and retry.  Also, the archive is of the installer, once de-compressed, then the installation itself will run
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:53:56 pm by Joh.Murray »

James R

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:08:31 pm »

I have downloaded the Windows version from Adobe: LTRM_WWE_win.exe When I double click the executable, it asks for an installation folder and the progress-bar (without percentages showing) progresses to 100% and an error pops-up with the message that a problem has occured and that I should try to download the file again.

Well I have downloaded the file for at least 10 times without any effect. The file is 30,6 MB (32.162.280 bytes).

Any suggestions?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had a similar problem.  I downloaded it to a file, then installed it from the file.  It worked, not sure how or why.

GLJ

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:42:17 am »

Any suggestions?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If the error message is saying that a DLL file is missing, you might have to download
WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
From the microsoft site
This sorted out my similar problem when trying to install 1.1 (1.0 worked fine)

Cheers

Gareth

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 05:16:04 pm »

There were no additional error warnings.

I couldn't get it solved, but a member from FM.com helped me and made a new archive after he extracted it on his own HD. I downloaded this version and it worked fine.

It's strange, but its no problem anymore.

Thank you all for the suggestions.  

This topic can be locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up