Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H2D battery grip  (Read 2766 times)

franloutwo

Hasselblad H2D battery grip
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:34:41 pm »

I just received back my H2D from Hasselblad after a three week repair to the back.  It now seems that the battery cannot hold a charge. I attempted to have Hasselblad exchange the battery grip without success to this date. However, they gave me instructions on how to (try to) put the battery back in working condition. What they told me to do was to fully charge the battery (charge overnight) then attach battery grip and hold down menu and flash (buttons). Not sure I really understand even though I did what they told me to do without success. Can someone advise me on how I might get the battery grip back to working condition so it holds a charge.

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46:15 pm »

I just received back my H2D from Hasselblad after a three week repair to the back.  It now seems that the battery cannot hold a charge. I attempted to have Hasselblad exchange the battery grip without success to this date. However, they gave me instructions on how to (try to) put the battery back in working condition. What they told me to do was to fully charge the battery (charge overnight) then attach battery grip and hold down menu and flash (buttons). Not sure I really understand even though I did what they told me to do without success. Can someone advise me on how I might get the battery grip back to working condition so it holds a charge.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125532\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't have such problem yet so I cant help. My problem was the the battery once reach the level says "low", it is not really a warning, it is more a less an announcement since the camera, in my case a H3D39, simply won't fire again. So it is always suggested you have more battery than you plan to use. it is silly to do so but for the cost of camera and risk of jeopardizing the job, it looks more silly not to buy extra batteries.

pprachun

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:13:58 am »

The procedure Hassy's outlined resets the battery; try it, you'll like it.
-- Paul

I just received back my H2D from Hasselblad after a three week repair to the back.  It now seems that the battery cannot hold a charge. I attempted to have Hasselblad exchange the battery grip without success to this date. However, they gave me instructions on how to (try to) put the battery back in working condition. What they told me to do was to fully charge the battery (charge overnight) then attach battery grip and hold down menu and flash (buttons). Not sure I really understand even though I did what they told me to do without success. Can someone advise me on how I might get the battery grip back to working condition so it holds a charge.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125532\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Paul Prachun

josayeruk

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:10:38 am »

Make sure you take off the digital back, viewfinder and lens first.

Then... (Pay attention!   )

Hold the Menu and Flash buttons down BEFORE attaching the battery.  Keep holding them down until the camera beeps.

Should work just fine - I had to do the same myself the other week.

Jo S. x
Pages: [1]   Go Up