Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lid interlock on Z3100  (Read 2025 times)

dajaka

Lid interlock on Z3100
« on: June 28, 2007, 02:52:11 pm »

I just noticed something about my Z3100 that's a bit troubling.

If you lift the lid anytime during a paper cut procedure, either while the head is moving to the left to pick up the cutter blade or moving to the right while cutting it will finish the cut even with the lid up.

Less importantly if you lift the lid while printing the head will continue to the end of its current pass, either left or right before stopping.

On my Roland FJ-500 if I lift the lid at any time during cutting or printing the head stops immediately which is what I believe the proper action should be.

Am I crazy or is this a bug in this printer? I don't know how large format Epsons or Canons work.

Thanks.

Charles Gast

Lid interlock on Z3100
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:00:37 am »

I actually want the printer to let me open the lid any time I want. I suppose the profiling may need it closed to keep some light out though.
It is troubling to me that they assume I am too stupid to keep my fingers out of the moving parts and they make it stop everything just because the lid is open.

Ernst Dinkla

Lid interlock on Z3100
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:06:57 am »

I actually want the printer to let me open the lid any time I want. I suppose the profiling may need it closed to keep some light out though.
It is troubling to me that they assume I am too stupid to keep my fingers out of the moving parts and they make it stop everything just because the lid is open.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You probably do not belong to the category of people that will sue a company if they get a small chance to win a case like: I lifted the lid and put my head in to check whether everything worked nicely, I got hit by another head. Like loosing one's trousers at the cleaners or drying a cat in a magnetron. I'm told the Canon models actually lock the lid when the head is in action.  On the much slower Epson 9000's I short circuited the lid switches so I could check the printing in action, I do not see a need for that on the Z3100. Just keep the lid closed I would say and get on with something else till the print is made.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up