Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I print large size prints? Epson 2400  (Read 4099 times)

Flagstaff434

How do I print large size prints? Epson 2400
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:14:17 pm »

I am trying to print a 13x19 print from CS3 on my Epson 2400. I have gone to the image menu in CS3---set the size to 13x19. Then I select print and I have both tried it at "scale to fit media" or at 100% and 13x19. Then I go to the Epson print box and select B3 19x13 borderless. Still, the image on the 19x13 paper is only 10x15. Any thoughts that might help me?

marcfs

• http://www.marcschoenholz.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:43:52 pm »

I am trying to print a 13x19 print from CS3 on my Epson 2400. I have gone to the image menu in CS3---set the size to 13x19. Then I select print and I have both tried it at "scale to fit media" or at 100% and 13x19. Then I go to the Epson print box and select B3 19x13 borderless. Still, the image on the 19x13 paper is only 10x15. Any thoughts that might help me?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have not been able to get consistent and correctly sized prints from CS3 with my Epson 2200.  As a result I have had to print in CS2.

I’m using a PC with Windows XP.  From what I can tell the issue is Adobe moving to a single platform between Mac’s and PC’s.  They decided to migrate the successful PC platform and apparently results have been poor for users.  

See John Nack’s interview with Dave Polaschek on printing from CS3:  [a href=\"http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/06/printing_in_cs3.html]http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/06/printing_in_cs3.html[/url]

I hope they fix this issue.

Marc Schoenholz

Flagstaff434

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 12:20:28 am »

I have not been able to get consistent and correctly sized prints from CS3 with my Epson 2200.  As a result I have had to print in CS2.

I’m using a PC with Windows XP.  From what I can tell the issue is Adobe moving to a single platform between Mac’s and PC’s.  They decided to migrate the successful PC platform and apparently results have been poor for users. 

See John Nack’s interview with Dave Polaschek on printing from CS3:  http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/06/printing_in_cs3.html

I hope they fix this issue.

Marc Schoenholz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125336\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I will study the interview tomorrow. I tried PS2 and got an even smaller image. I am sure there is an answer in here somewhere. Thanks so much, Marc
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:21:21 am by Flagstaff434 »

PeterTinson

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46:44 am »

When you go to print in the Photoshop CS3 the first thing to do is to click on the pageset up button and set your paper size, then when you click on print double check in the driver dialogue that the paper size is correct.
I have just printed on canvas an A3+ image on the Photo 2400.
Peter
PeterT

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:27:27 pm »

I’m using a PC with Windows XP.  From what I can tell the issue is Adobe moving to a single platform between Mac’s and PC’s.  They decided to migrate the successful PC platform and apparently results have been poor for users. 

Marc Schoenholz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125336\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

huh?

From what I read, they decided to migrate the more successful way the Mac prints to the PC's.  Quote from your link ...

"The change which seems to be causing the most consternation is the change from application-wide page setup to document-specific page setup in Photoshop on Windows. This is the way the Mac version has always behaved, and was the way the Windows version of Photoshop was intended to behave way back in the day, but for one reason or another, that never quite got hooked up."

The Mac printing interface has it's own issues, but I've never seen anything like this ... 13x19 is a default setting, and doesn't require anything special on a 2400.

Flagstaff434

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:03 pm »

When you go to print in the Photoshop CS3 the first thing to do is to click on the pageset up button and set your paper size, then when you click on print double check in the driver dialogue that the paper size is correct.
I have just printed on canvas an A3+ image on the Photo 2400.
Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125432\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you Peter,
I am on an iMac and this suggestion allowed me to print my first boderless 19x13 print. I am forever grateful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up