Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying camera WB settings in LR  (Read 2528 times)

miguel33

Displaying camera WB settings in LR
« on: June 27, 2007, 07:33:45 pm »

I often shoot jpeg and would like to see what my camera was set at (i.e., what WB setting the camera was at when a given picture was taken) when I go through my photos. I haven't figured out how to do this. It may throw me over to iView if LR can't do it. Anyone know how it's done?

many thanks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:34:33 pm by miguel33 »

miguel33

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:59:26 am »

anybody?

James DeMoss

• http://jbdemossphotography.com/aboutus.aspx
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:56:52 pm »

anybody?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125410\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When you set the "as shot" tab above the slider bars, It show the camera camera WB setting then

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »

When you set the "as shot" tab above the slider bars, It show the camera camera WB setting then
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125454\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right, but with JPEGs the WB settings are set to zero as for most (or all) of the other sliders.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 03:19:03 pm by francois »
Francois

miguel33

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:08:12 pm »

I think maybe my question wasn't clear enough. On my camera (as on most) there is a dial that sets the white balance. It has a setting for "shade" a setting for "tungsten" a setting for "auto", etc. When I look at my photos in LR, I'd like to know what that dial was set to so that I can learn from what I liked and what I didn't like so that I can get more pictures 'right' directly out of the camera. Can LR do this (display the WB setting info from the camera)?

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »

I think maybe my question wasn't clear enough. On my camera (as on most) there is a dial that sets the white balance. It has a setting for "shade" a setting for "tungsten" a setting for "auto", etc. When I look at my photos in LR, I'd like to know what that dial was set to so that I can learn from what I liked and what I didn't like so that I can get more pictures 'right' directly out of the camera. Can LR do this (display the WB setting info from the camera)?
As far as I know, no, LR can't tell you what the textual preset was.

You can, however, see the exact colour temperature and tint used, which may teach you a bit more about how those temperatures work.

If you want to see which textual preset was used in the camera, this information may be stored in the EXIF headers, if your camera does that. Depending on which operating system you use, there are a number of tools that can do this job for you (list the complete EXIF headers).

I downloaded and installed EXIFutils for my Mac. The software apparently works with Windows, too.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up