Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting preview jpgs from LR  (Read 3776 times)

ntphoto

Exporting preview jpgs from LR
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:22:48 pm »

Hi everyone...this is my first post...so, I have a question...How do you export the jpg preview that is created when you import images into LR? In Aperture you just grab the image and drop it on the desktop and you have the full-res preview it created at import...is this possible to do with LR, it is a very handy feature to have when working with off-line images (or if you lose a drive!)....Thanks for any response,...

Does anyone here even understand what I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 05:48:35 am by ntphoto »

ntphoto

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 05:49:08 am »

Hi everyone...this is my first post...so, I have a question...How do you export the jpg preview that is created when you import images into LR? In Aperture you just grab the image and drop it on the desktop and you have the full-res preview it created at import...is this possible to do with LR, it is a very handy feature to have when working with off-line images (or if you lose a drive!)....Thanks for any response,...

Does anyone here even understand what I'm talking about?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

bumpitty bump

ntphoto

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:13:46 am »

And what exactly did you mean by that? It gave me a list of meaningless links...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:55:48 am by Chrissand »

ntphoto

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:15:19 am »

And what exactly did you mean by that? It gave me a list of meaningless links...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125888\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Honestly, I'm not a novice (other than to this site) and would appreciate any help someone here might have to offer...

DavidW

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 09:07:21 am »

To my knowledge, it can't be done (other than by capturing a screen grab of the Lightroom window). Not everything that can be done in Aperture can be done in Lightroom - and vice versa.

Edit to add: The weird message that has now been deleted was spam.

David
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:08:24 am by DavidW »

ntphoto

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 02:59:56 am »

To my knowledge, it can't be done (other than by capturing a screen grab of the Lightroom window). Not everything that can be done in Aperture can be done in Lightroom - and vice versa.

Edit to add: The weird message that has now been deleted was spam.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125916\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for your reply David...I did finally find a work-around to extract the jpg...in the print module set to draft mode and print to A3 size and select preview...then you can save as jpg...tried it and was able to save a 4mp image (full size was 8mp)...better than nothing, but I do hope that Adobe addresses this issue in future releases...
Pages: [1]   Go Up