Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change Location of Catalog?  (Read 3489 times)

osbornej

Change Location of Catalog?
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:59:50 am »

We use a RAID5 server for all of our storage with off-site tape backup. Unfortunately the Lightroom catalog insists on being in the Users/USER/Pictures/Lightroom folder - which means that it is outside of our backup strategy.

Is there any way of moving or changing the location of the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat?

James

francois

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:19:23 am »

We use a RAID5 server for all of our storage with off-site tape backup. Unfortunately the Lightroom catalog insists on being in the Users/USER/Pictures/Lightroom folder - which means that it is outside of our backup strategy.

Is there any way of moving or changing the location of the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat?
James
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had the same problem but I opened my original catalog (library) using CMD + O. You can also set the default catalog in the preferences under general.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:21:07 am by francois »
Francois

osbornej

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:26:24 am »

I had the same problem but I opened my original catalog (library) using CMD + O. You can also set the default catalog in the preferences under general.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Francois. Thanks, this almost works except Lightroom can't use the catalog if it is on a Network Volume........(ie our 8TB Gigabit RAID5 server!!!)

I know this is only v1.1 but how can Adobe expect pro's to use this tool if it can't even handle network volumes!!!!

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:30:29 am »

Francois. Thanks, this almost works except Lightroom can't use the catalog if it is on a Network Volume........(ie our 8TB Gigabit RAID5 server!!!)

I know this is only v1.1 but how can Adobe expect pro's to use this tool if it can't even handle network volumes!!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, I missed the "server" part in your question. It looks like LR 1.1 is no different than version 1.0, ie. networked libraries/catalogs are not supported.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:31:32 am by francois »
Francois

usathyan

• http://www.umeshbhatt.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:47 am »

Not sure what this all means - but my main catalog is on an external hard disk (500GB MyBook via Firewire) and my backup is on a NAS device (Ximeta 500GB) and it has always worked - even in the V1.0 days. I use OSX 10.4.10.
--------------
Umesh Bhatt [url=http://w

francois

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:39:00 am »

Not sure what this all means - but my main catalog is on an external hard disk (500GB MyBook via Firewire) and my backup is on a NAS device (Ximeta 500GB) and it has always worked - even in the V1.0 days. I use OSX 10.4.10.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125141\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But you can't have your catalog/library on a remote computer. Backups can be located anywhere.
Francois

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 07:00:21 pm »

I'm not sure how easy this is to do with a Mac, but ...

If it's possible to use the external RAID server as an iSCSI device, then an iSCSI controller card for the Mac will make the disk space available as a regular storage device.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up