Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Sheet Papaer with HP Z2100/Z3100  (Read 4369 times)

Yangt26224

• http://thomasyangimage.com
Printing Sheet Papaer with HP Z2100/Z3100
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:52:56 pm »

Just got my Z2100 24" printer, and having problem printing sheet paper in landscape mode.

I have to either rotate the image 90 degree in application or load the sheet paper in horizontal direction to get it right. I have experienced this pproblem with  both 13x19 and 8.5x11 sheet papers. I have not tried the larger size ones yet.  

It is fine when printing sheet paper in potrait mode and no problem in both orientation with roll paper.

Called HP in U.S. , they said it is a known issue and the lastest driver does not have the auto rotate function for sheet paper printing in landsacpe mode, and they don't know when the next driver release date is nor if this issue will be fixed in the next driver/firmware release.  

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any solution or suggestion to go around it? I use CS2 in window XP enviroment.

Many thanks!

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:37:06 am »

I have the same issue. It appears to be a straigthforward bug in the driver, and I finally resorted to simply rotating the file in Photoshop (CS3 in my case) prior to hitting the print button. At least HP's preview screen does show you if the orientation is screwed up before you waste any ink or paper.

dhoelscher

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:43:58 am »

I have the same issue. It appears to be a straigthforward bug in the driver, and I finally resorted to simply rotating the file in Photoshop (CS3 in my case) prior to hitting the print button. At least HP's preview screen does show you if the orientation is screwed up before you waste any ink or paper.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get around this issue by defining a custom paper size that has the correct orientation ... e.g. for 11 by 17, a custom paper of "17 by 11 inches."

I'm on a Mac, so I don't have the Windows-related issue of "too many custom paper sizes" issue.

DDH

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:40:29 am »

Called HP in U.S. , they said it is a known issue and the lastest driver does not have the auto rotate function for sheet paper printing in landsacpe mode, and they don't know when the next driver release date is nor if this issue will be fixed in the next driver/firmware release. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any solution or suggestion to go around it? I use CS2 in window XP enviroment.

Many thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, its an issue.  The give away is how they show the sheet size.  Ex:  is it 13x19 or 19x13 in the print driver.  Once you get used to it you just click the "rotate" button and dispense with the "print preview".  It is annoying.

Then again, trying to center an image in the print driver is annoying as well.
Regards,
Ron

Charles Gast

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 01:03:11 am »

yes it is yet another bug NOT fixed in the latest firmware release.  There are however some NEW bugs added in the latest hacked-out firmware release...

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 10:10:40 am »

After being driven crazy by this landscape issue from the get-go with CS2... I am now using QImage. I am going to take a nice long vacation and hope some of these things including color management will get ironed out of 5.0.0.4 before too terribly long. Makes one a bit nostalgic for Epson. Alan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:12:20 am by alanmcf »
Pages: [1]   Go Up