Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 1.1 has arrived!  (Read 5023 times)

Graham Welland

Lightroom 1.1 has arrived!
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:56:21 pm »

Looks like they've finally addressed the poor library management for laptop users!

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom

Your Lightroom copy should prompt you to upgrade.

Graham

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:32:03 pm »

Looks like they've finally addressed the poor library management for laptop users!

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom

Your Lightroom copy should prompt you to upgrade.

I must say that I'm very satisfied with how soon this update became available after 1.0 started selling.

Kudos to Adobe for a quick -- and gratis! -- update.

I hope they will keep up this customer friendly policy.
Jan

vandevanterSH

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:39:01 pm »

Great it is here..I can't get it to install..down load and go through installation without problem but my 1.0 doesn't up date. What am I doing wrong?

Steve

61Dynamic

• http://
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:47:53 pm »

Woot!

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:08 pm »

Holy crap.  That just claimed to have downloaded at 1400kb/sec.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:36:06 pm »

FYI - for those who have purchased our LR v.1.0 Tutorial, there wll be a 45 minute 1.1 update video posted gratis to the first Spare placeholder file as soon as I have completed editing - likely by June 30 or before

Chris S

jpgentry

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 01:04:30 am »

What is the flexable workflow enhancement for multiple computers?  I use multiple computer on the network.  Does this mean I can finally open the database from a mapped drive?

-Jonathan

DaHen

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 05:26:13 am »

FYI - for those who have purchased our LR v.1.0 Tutorial, there wll be a 45 minute 1.1 update video posted gratis to the first Spare placeholder file as soon as I have completed editing - likely by June 30 or before

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great. Looking forward to viewing it.

My System: Windows8.1. Intel Core i7-377

DavidW

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 05:40:26 pm »

What is the flexable workflow enhancement for multiple computers?  I use multiple computer on the network.  Does this mean I can finally open the database from a mapped drive?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125085\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No - but you have new options for importing and exporting catalogs (they're called catalogs in 1.1, not databases).

I think the limitation on catalogs on network shares is a limitation of SQLite. I wish Adobe had gone for a heavier database solution (ideally a proper client/server database such as MySQL, which they use for Version Cue). Indeed, as I've said in a couple of places, I wonder if Adobe could have extended Version Cue with the features needed for Lightroom.

Anyway, Lightroom continues to use SQLite, but things are better with 1.1 than they were with 1.0.

David

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:53 pm »

No - but you have new options for importing and exporting catalogs (they're called catalogs in 1.1, not databases).

I think the limitation on catalogs on network shares is a limitation of SQLite. I wish Adobe had gone for a heavier database solution (ideally a proper client/server database such as MySQL, which they use for Version Cue). Indeed, as I've said in a couple of places, I wonder if Adobe could have extended Version Cue with the features needed for Lightroom.

Anyway, Lightroom continues to use SQLite, but things are better with 1.1 than they were with 1.0.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125263\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been avoiding Lightroom as an unnecessary add-on - a kind of falls between the stools and doesn't do anything particularly well solution. But an SQL powered network catalogue programme would be most interesting  
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

DavidW

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 06:54:04 pm »

I've been avoiding Lightroom as an unnecessary add-on - a kind of falls between the stools and doesn't do anything particularly well solution. But an SQL powered network catalogue programme would be most interesting 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just to be clear - Lightroom catalogs are stored using SQLite - that's where the SQL comes in. I believe it's possible to manipulate the files using SQLite (at least, I've heard mention of it being done by some 1.0 users) - though, of course, Adobe don't support it! Lightroom doesn't set out to expose SQL to the user.

David

The View

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:53:03 pm »

Lightroom prompted me to upgrade, I clicked the "remind me later" button, but it obviously forgot to do that.

I want to get my new back-up system going, before I upgrade (just in case).

If it doesn't prompt me any more, can you go to the Adobe website, enter your software keys, and get the upgrade - or how does this work?

Thanks.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

jliechty

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 10:08:54 pm »

Lightroom prompted me to upgrade, I clicked the "remind me later" button, but it obviously forgot to do that.

I want to get my new back-up system going, before I upgrade (just in case).

If it doesn't prompt me any more, can you go to the Adobe website, enter your software keys, and get the upgrade - or how does this work?

Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Go [a href=\"http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/]here[/url] and download the update (easy, free, no registration required).
Pages: [1]   Go Up