Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: contax 645af ac adapter  (Read 2250 times)

digitalguy

contax 645af ac adapter
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:18:23 pm »

Does anyone know the part number or a substitute item to allow you to use an AC power source to power the Contax 645afd? Also if you also know a good source for them as well.
Thank you.
Dg

Khun_K

• http://
contax 645af ac adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:57:11 am »

Does anyone know the part number or a substitute item to allow you to use an AC power source to power the Contax 645afd? Also if you also know a good source for them as well.
Thank you.
Dg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125044\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am not so sure such thing available and interested to find out but I suppose you need such feature for digital capture.  The most power consuming part will be the back which can be tethered to computer and really the battery in camera is just to power the shutter and basic function that the battery can last a long time in this regard.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
contax 645af ac adapter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:26:13 am »

I am not so sure such thing available and interested to find out but I suppose you need such feature for digital capture.  The most power consuming part will be the back which can be tethered to computer and really the battery in camera is just to power the shutter and basic function that the battery can last a long time in this regard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125101\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am not aware of anything like this either.  You can buy the P-8 battery (extra batteries in a pouch that plugs into the body)  or even the digital battery (hardly ever use it.)

If you have the extra grip with the batteries, just buy extra battery clips and change when needed.

And true the most important or consuming area is the digital back.

Harris Edelman

• http://
contax 645af ac adapter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:34:35 pm »

And true the most important or consuming area is the digital back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125142\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A digital back draws only a near-infinitesimal amount of power from the Contax body, attributable to the line drivers on the camera side of the interface connector.  This is in contrast to a film back, whose motor is the main consumer of the body's battery power.

I don't know the maximum current draw of the Contax. ToCAD America (still providing some measure of support until 2015) may be able to tell you. The nominal supply voltage is 6V, use a supply with good voltage regulation.

-H.
Pages: [1]   Go Up