Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter  (Read 5939 times)

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:05:22 am »

We recieved our Leaf H1 to RZ adapter plate today. OUr Aptus 75-S fit fine on the plate, focus was dead on. There are 2 cables that come with the plate. If you wish to capture only from the camera release, you only need the flash sync cable attached. If you also wish to capture from LC11, you also need the camera control cable - both must be attached to capture from LC11. Everything worked perfectly with our 75-S. It rotates the same way a film back would.

I also tried our Sinar eMotion 75 on H1 plate with it, and that worked also, although Sinar has their own RZ adapter anyway. But if you wanted to save about $1,000 and have the convenience of mounting the Sinar 75 with H plate directly to the RZ, instead of unscrewing the H plate, then screwing on the Sinar RZ plate, this works. The Sinar RZ plate for the eMotion 75 is $1,733 and the H1 to RZ adapter plate from Leaf is $783.

I tried to mount the digital component of our H3D, but the H3D digital component has a little locking latch on top that is unique to the H3D, and that prevents the latch of the RZ plate from sliding over. However, I did make a capture by holding the digital component up to the plate (with light leaks, of course) and - set to flash sync - it makes a capture. So, I believe if someone wanted to, they could use an H3D digital component on the RZ with this plate if they had a machinist pare down the RZ latch about 1/8th of an inch or so. Which actually makes the H3D quite more versatile than thought, since this now allows an H3D to be used with view cameras, Mamiya RZ and Fuji 680.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

godtfred

• http://
Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:00:59 am »

You can easily remove the locking latch on top of the H3D digital component (and other hassy backs with the latch.)

The latch is not wired to any electronics and sits in a small separate space, its made up of a small metal piece (the latch) and a spring... My local dealer removed it in about 45 seconds with the right tiny screwdriver.

In my case it had to be removed for the H3D back to be mounted on my linhof 679, as the linhofs H-mounting plate has a latch that conflicts with the "security latch" on hassy backs.

I tried to mount the digital component of our H3D, but the H3D digital component has a little locking latch on top that is unique to the H3D, and that prevents the latch of the RZ plate from sliding over.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:02:52 am by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

bertiln

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:41 am »

Hi Steve

Would you see any reason why the Leaf adapter would or would not with a Phase One H-mount back?

Obviously if anyone else has some actual experience with this setup, would be great to hear about!

Regards,

Bertil

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:29:04 am »

Quote from: bertiln,Jul 2 2007, 07:27 AM
Hi Steve

Would you see any reason why the Leaf adapter would or would not with a Phase One H-mount back?

Obviously if anyone else has some actual experience with this setup, would be great to hear about!

Regards,

Bertil

Bertil:

It has been my experience that the Phase One backs (any of them) would need a wake up call either with the P1 cables or Kapture Group. This may work for shooting table top or landscape but not people. I think if you look at the P1 P manual it states that there is an adapter that has been tested with P1 backs like this one but only in the 2 hot mode. The adapter that Resolution makes for the RB is the same. When you use a P1 back on a P1 RZ adapter the camera gets it's wake up call from the adapter. When you use a P1 back on an AFD camera, it gets the wake up call from the camera body. When you use a P1 back on a Hasselblad V camera body it gets the wake up call from the V body.

Chris Snipes
President
Image Productions, Inc
150 22nd Street South
St Petersburg, FL 33712
www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com
813-335-2473

Phase One Digital Camera Backs New and Used
Phase One Test Studio Florida
Phase One Support and Production Motorhome
Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

RicAgu

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:39:19 pm »

Shouldn't this just work with Phase backs using the KG one shot cable or the wake up cable that is used with the Hassy V to Mamiya plate system?

Not sure why retailers are not testing this set up, as there are many Phase H shooters out there and  if this plate works would be buying them up with out question.  Especially at $750-$800 a pop, since the Eco plate is a pain to get, deal with and $1,500.00.

Whether it is Capture Integration to help their current customers or PPR to move a lot of plates.  At the end of the day it is still moving a product with a certain mark up.

Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:41:04 pm by RicAgu »

pprdigital

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:58:45 pm »

Shouldn't this just work with Phase backs using the KG one shot cable or the wake up cable that is used with the Hassy V to Mamiya plate system?

Not sure why retailers are not testing this set up, as there are many Phase H shooters out there and  if this plate works would be buying them up with out question.  Especially at $750-$800 a pop, since the Eco plate is a pain to get, deal with and $1,500.00.

Whether it is Capture Integration to help their current customers or PPR to move a lot of plates.  At the end of the day it is still moving a product with a certain mark up.

Am I missing something?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, we've already done our part.  

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix

RicAgu

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 11:46:26 am »

I must say here about the amazing support from PPR and IP. Both guys were writing emails at 10pm.

The new plate will work but as some have stated needs all sorts of cabling.  The KG one shot cable would be a pian to use for portrait hand held work.  I don't know why phase doesn't make this  F*&^%@ plate already, as they have some sort of working agreement with Mamiya.  Photographers have been asking for this plate for two or three years.  If Mamiya won't make it because of the alliance with Leaf and Hassy won't make it because why sell something their backs do without a problem.  

Phase should make it to be able to use the interface on the RZ Pro II D to comminucate through the plate with the H1 without a cables.  They can make it for the 645 to RZ?  Why not H1?  Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:44:04 pm by RicAgu »

bertiln

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 05:10:56 am »

Thanks everyone, I was expecting some tricky cabling.

Phase should make it to be able to use the interface on the RZ Pro II D to comminucate through the plate with the H1 without a cables.  They can make it for the 645 to RZ?  Why not H1?  Am I missing something?

The RZ-D and AFD share the same protocol (Mamiya MSCE), where as the H1 have a different protocol. I don't know how big the differences are, but I'm sure it's no big engineering feet for Phase to support both protocols in their backs and allow mount adapters to be used.

Bertil

sibeausa

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 03:49:35 pm »

We recieved our Leaf H1 to RZ adapter plate today. OUr Aptus 75-S fit fine on the plate, focus was dead on. There are 2 cables that come with the plate. If you wish to capture only from the camera release, you only need the flash sync cable attached. If you also wish to capture from LC11, you also need the camera control cable - both must be attached to capture from LC11. Everything worked perfectly with our 75-S. It rotates the same way a film back would.

I also tried our Sinar eMotion 75 on H1 plate with it, and that worked also, although Sinar has their own RZ adapter anyway. But if you wanted to save about $1,000 and have the convenience of mounting the Sinar 75 with H plate directly to the RZ, instead of unscrewing the H plate, then screwing on the Sinar RZ plate, this works. The Sinar RZ plate for the eMotion 75 is $1,733 and the H1 to RZ adapter plate from Leaf is $783.

I tried to mount the digital component of our H3D, but the H3D digital component has a little locking latch on top that is unique to the H3D, and that prevents the latch of the RZ plate from sliding over. However, I did make a capture by holding the digital component up to the plate (with light leaks, of course) and - set to flash sync - it makes a capture. So, I believe if someone wanted to, they could use an H3D digital component on the RZ with this plate if they had a machinist pare down the RZ latch about 1/8th of an inch or so. Which actually makes the H3D quite more versatile than thought, since this now allows an H3D to be used with view cameras, Mamiya RZ and Fuji 680.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Steve,
Would this adapter plate that you mentioned here also work with the Hasselblad CFH (22M) back? Could you please kindly post also the part number for this plate. I couldn't find this plate in any of the major camera store here

Thanks,
Simon

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 04:34:08 pm »

Steve,

Is it possible that I could stop over to borrow the H1 to RZ plate?  I'd love to see if it would work with our Phase One backs.  It would be great to have another source for that adaptor, since it's rather pricey and somewhat difficult to get the same Eco plate.

Thanks,

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

pprdigital

Leaf H1 to RZ Adapter
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 06:02:25 pm »

Hi Steve,
Would this adapter plate that you mentioned here also work with the Hasselblad CFH (22M) back? Could you please kindly post also the part number for this plate. I couldn't find this plate in any of the major camera store here

Thanks,
Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmmm....major camera stores.....  

It would work fine with the CFH back in Flash Sync Mode, except I can't remember if there was the black locking latch with CFH's or not. If so, that would need to be removed, as someone mentioned earlier.

The Leaf part number is 903-543.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
Pages: [1]   Go Up