Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica lenses on EOS30D  (Read 2201 times)

spidermike

Leica lenses on EOS30D
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:59:04 am »

I have a clutch of Leica lenses (including the excellent APO-180) and would love to try these out on the Canon. I realise that I will be reverting to a fully manual system but has anyone used any of the converters to attache the lenses to the camera? Will one converter be OK for all of the lenses?

Is there anything specific about metering (or setting exposures) that I need to be aware of given that I will also lose the stop-down metering?

Thanks
Mike

stever

Leica lenses on EOS30D
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 10:38:23 am »

the site "16-9" has a compatability list

Conner999

Leica lenses on EOS30D
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:39:04 am »

Most of the compatibility charts I've seen deal with the 1 series, 5D and 20/30D, you may have to dig a little to see about the 350D. That being said, the Canon camera that stands out with the most issues is the 5D due to mirror size and some apparent clearance inconsistencies out of the factory.

Most folks recommend leaving an adapter on each lens. They can be a bit awkward to get on and off - at least when you're in a hurry trying to change lenses.

With the pixel density of the 350D, I think you'll be pleasantly pleased with the results you get. Now if you ever decide to sell some ...  
Pages: [1]   Go Up