Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photomerge  (Read 2628 times)

wmchauncey

photomerge
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:53:35 am »

I really like this photomerge thing in CS3, but I have a question about the big file sizes.

Is there any way to determine MP amounts from these big files?  You can get a rough idea from the number of images merged less the overlap but is there another way to figure it?
The things you do for yourself die with

francois

photomerge
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:11:30 am »

I really like this photomerge thing in CS3, but I have a question about the big file sizes.

Is there any way to determine MP amounts from these big files?  You can get a rough idea from the number of images merged less the overlap but is there another way to figure it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124753\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, unless you know the final image dimension in pixel and bit-depth (8bit vs 16bit).

Edit: I guess that I didn't understand you question... You can get the exact file size in pixel (or MB) if you click on the little triangle (lower left corner, see attached screenshot) and choose the to show Dimensions or Size. Getting MP is just a matter of multiplying horizontal by vertical sizes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:53:35 am by francois »
Francois

wmchauncey

photomerge
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:28:07 am »

No, unless you know the final image dimension in pixel and bit-depth (8bit vs 16bit).

Edit: I guess that I didn't understand you question... You can get the exact file size in pixel (or MB) if you click on the little triangle (lower left corner, see attached screenshot) and choose the to show Dimensions or Size. Getting MP is just a matter of multiplying horizontal by vertical sizes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124754\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wmchauncey

photomerge
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:32:56 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124754\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I KNEW THAT

Actually I didn't.  One of those "daah" situations Francois, what can I say?
Pages: [1]   Go Up