Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 500C for Cann lenses  (Read 4415 times)

calvinch

Hasselblad 500C for Cann lenses
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »

My wife wants to get rid of her old camera including 500C but I have no idea how to go about it. I've sold stuff on Ebay before but this sort of items requiring specific buyers, I thought there is a better place to sell.
I don't even know what they are worth.

Do people list this sort items on Ebay also?  Ideally, she wants to replace all her 500c, 80mm,150mm and accs with Canon lenses. (70-200mm and etc)

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Calvin
Redmond, Washington

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:09:46 am »

My wife wants to get rid of her old camera including 500C but I have no idea how to go about it. I've sold stuff on Ebay before but this sort of items requiring specific buyers, I thought there is a better place to sell.
I don't even know what they are worth.

Do people list this sort items on Ebay also?  Ideally, she wants to replace all her 500c, 80mm,150mm and accs with Canon lenses. (70-200mm and etc)

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Calvin
Redmond, Washington
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124726\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A lot of people sell Hasselblad items over Ebay because a lot of people buy Hasselblad via Ebay.

Naturally there are other places as well. I have tried other places but when you want to sell it for sure, Ebay is the way to go.

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 03:17:39 am »

Yes people use ebay for Hasselblad gear, I purchased a 503CW and 90 degree prism from ebay a couple years ago, no problem.

Also, you can try the For Sale forum on this site;

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=40

Nik

ngophotographer

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:00:44 pm »

Hi Calvin:

Yes, people use eBay for selling a lot of camera gear.  Here are a few of suggestions:

1) Search on "completed listings" on eBay to get an idea of what your gear is worth.  Its a good way to do an "apples of apples" comparison.  Generally, an item sells for more if worldwide shipping is offered, but there is more risk involved.  This is one thing you want to look for in the listings to ensure parity in comparisons.

In addition, figure in eBay fees, PayPal fees, S&H, etc. for you actual net amount.

Be ready for a shock.  A12 film backs, excellent to Mint w/matching serial numbers and boxes go for $90-$110!

2) Since you are in the greater Puget Sound area, I would possibly try Craigslist.org for selling the gear.  After you look at eBay you get an idea of what the gear may be worth.  When selling on Craigslist, you can meet at a Peet's/Starbucks/SBC/Tully's face-to-face.  The buyer plays with the gear; you strike a deal; gives you cash [No checks or MOs ever]; you all go home happy.

3) You may also be able to work a deal at Kenmore Camera or Glazers and do a "used for used" trade.  This usually only works well if you have a relationship with a shop and are considered a "regular".  The camera store in our area has given me some good "used for used" deals.  I got my Canon EF 70-200 mm F2.8L IS that way.

4) If you decide to go eBay, you may have a friend who is an "eBay expert"-- have him/her sell the gear for you and work out a dinner or something.

Good luck!

All the best,

Rich
NGOphotographer

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
Re: Hasselblad 500C for Cann lenses
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 06:47:46 pm »

Ebay has turned into a very expensive place to sell. 10% plus 3% Paypal.  And the 10% has a huge cap of $750 !  Rip off artists

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 01:15:34 am »

... try Craigslist.org for selling the gear... When selling on Craigslist, you can meet at a Peet's/Starbucks/SBC/Tully's face-to-face.  The buyer plays with the gear; you strike a deal; gives you cash [No checks or MOs ever]; you all go home happy...

https://www.facebook.com/CreazeMedia/videos/1355226657956575/ :)

Bo_Dez

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:08:53 am »

eBay is terrible. What's worse is it's wiped out all the traditional channels of buying and selling, except for taking it to a camera shop to do a commission sale.

Ebay is just a disaster waiting for things to happen for the seller and the buyer, but there is less protection as a seller. I have been stung and I have also been lucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up